where and when the hell are the crossfire boards coming out?

I don't think "crossfire boards" is the same as "crossfire motherboards."
There is only one crossfire motherboard available in the US today - DFI's RDX200. I bought one and have it humming along. Sapphire's isn't anywhere to be seen and neither is Abit's.

As for "Crossfire Boards" there are x850 Master cards, but where are the x1800xl or xt master cards??? Hell, I can't even click fast enough to get a non-master xt!

Karma Police said:
Are you "Search Challenged"? The DFI LanParty UT RDX200 Cross-Fire motherboard has been out on NewEgg for three weeks now, with Newegg customer reviews appearing two weeks ago.

Or did you just want someone else to do the search for you? lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136165

has not. when i tried the configurator (i know less than 3 weeks ago) at newegg. it had no such selection available.

Cartoon Corpse said:
has not. when i tried the configurator (i know less than 3 weeks ago) at newegg. it had no such selection available.

The first Newegg review was posted on 10/27. Maybe he was just lying!

Karma Police said:
The first Newegg review was posted on 10/27. Maybe he was just lying!

I built my DFI rig before I left for Thailand and that was 10/30.

okay i must be doing something wrong in the configurator (go to newegg.com click on motherboards tab, click on AMD boards...

what am i supposed to see/select that signifies crossfire compatible in the various click categories?

Cartoon Corpse said:
okay i must be doing something wrong in the configurator (go to newegg.com click on motherboards tab, click on AMD boards...

what am i supposed to see/select that signifies crossfire compatible in the various click categories?
newegg.com
click motherboards
click amd motherboards
enter: crossfire in search field
press enter.
voila! /grin

epic

ps if you really hate typing enter cross in the search field.

Cartoon Corpse said:

Is it really hard to just do a keyword search?

i always use the configurator thing. don't you people use configurators? what are you grandmothers? text search? pffft.

also i went to alienware today:

Juan G.: Hi, my name is Juan G.. How may I help you?
CC: how come i can't find ATI x1800 or crossfire components on your (among other) pc builders websites? do you have them available? im looking into an AMD 64 solution.
Juan G.: It may be the card is not readily available yet.
CC: i keep hearing it is available, along with the motherboards, but i have been unable to find any. do you have any x1800xl or x1800xt GPU's at this time? do you have any Crossfire (ATI dual GPU motherboards) available to look at. i see SLI (nvidia) components all over the place. do you know if you have any of the above stuff available for purchase at this time?
Juan G.: None of theoptions you mention are available at this time.

none of the ATI partners that i've visited, have anything motherboards or even x1800 GPU's in stock or available at this time. just thought i'd check for their availability. not going to purchase.

thanks mize...is that a quality board?

PCI Express x16 2
PCI Express x1 1
PCI Slots 3

so this is enough slots for dual ATI, PPU (when it comes), soundcard...what would i use more slots for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buyer Beware!
Board is Defective!! There are many reviews on the net about this issue. Will not save settings in the bios,and constant lock-ups. Please allow this to be posted NewEgg,because anyone thinking of purchasing this board should know the risk. I'm confident that DFi and ATi will fix this soon with a revision 2,but give it more time to mature. Check for more info on DFIstreet.com Thanks

mize, this board doesn't look to be too good right now (read several reviews).

also i've checked about 6 of the system builders on ATI website and NONE of them are offering any x1800 anything or crossfire solutions. latest thing is x850.

some already have th 512M 7800GTX though.

does anyone know of some esoteric issue with the ati product stream?

Cartoon Corpse said:
mize, this board doesn't look to be too good right now (read several reviews).

also i've checked about 6 of the system builders on ATI website and NONE of them are offering any x1800 anything or crossfire solutions. latest thing is x850.

some already have th 512M 7800GTX though.

does anyone know of some esoteric issue with the ati product stream?

I have the board. It has two serious problems: 1. won't work with my 2x1GB OCZ PT EL DIMMs at 200 MHz - have to underclock to 166 - OCZ will send another pair to try if I keep the DFI board and 2. Have to hard reset after F10 BIOS exits and intermittent boot problems.

Once in windows it's quite stable though I've yet to put my X1800-XT in and bench 3D (should be here Friday). No point in benching my x300 :)

you get your x1800 xt from newegg too?

i still want to sort through a bunch of possibles. i was thinking i would piecemeal buy an identical build that one of the builders offers. since im no hardware minutia detector.

Cartoon Corpse said:
you get your x1800 xt from newegg too?

i still want to sort through a bunch of possibles. i was thinking i would piecemeal buy an identical build that one of the builders offers. since im no hardware minutia detector.

Yep. Newegg's been good to me over the years though I sometimes use Monarch or ZZF. Wish I'd known the sapphire xts were coming in - rather have the longer warranty as I keep cards a faily long time (this is an upgrade to a 9700 Pro bought at release!).

I know your probably wanting CF now but wait for the RD580 chip set. It well be here soon . Its much better than the current CF chipset.

I trust that if any Intel fans our out there . Your aware that the Intel chipset 975 is going to be CF complaint. We well use the Intel 975 for CF customers that want Intel. For AMD customers we will be using ATI RD580 chipsets. Hopefully nvidia will be out of my life for good. Unless of course if they come up with a good IQ.

Back