When will Intel regain the CPU performance crown? Conroe?

Who will be best performance CPU on the market 2 years form now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and just because you have it it must be a rule. what cooling do you have? is your cooling completely stock? do you have more than 1 or 2 fans in ur case? can you say that every single overclocked p4 chip will not pass 46 at load? cuz i have a pentium 2.6c and mine under load is about 46c.

who cares about what each chip does with less mhz. i guess back in 2002 and 03 all athlons should be overclocked and pentium 4s underclocked cuz how much is done per mhz is obviously what matters.

you are a very dim individual.

hovz said:
and just because you have it it must be a rule. what cooling do you have? is your cooling completely stock? do you have more than 1 or 2 fans in ur case? can you say that every single overclocked p4 chip will not pass 46 at load? cuz i have a pentium 2.6c and mine under load is about 46c.

LOL :LOL: If mine can reach those temps with stock cooling I don't think it's that far off from the rest. All you need is good airflow. I have an Aluminum case with two low DB intake fans and one exhaust fan.

who cares about what each chip does with less mhz. i guess back in 2002 and 03 all athlons should be overclocked and pentium 4s underclocked cuz how much is done per mhz is obviously what matters.

you are a very dim individual

Still doesn't change the fact that the PM outperforms the A64 at a lower clock while drawing quite a bit less power. How is that not an indication of the PM's potential? The Athlons have always run at slower clocks because they execute more IPCs. They still couldn't overclock anywhere near the clock rates achieved by P4s, so that's a mi-nute point.

ANova said:
hovz said:

LOL :LOL: If mine can reach those temps with stock cooling I don't think it's that far off from the rest. All you need is good airflow. I have an Aluminum case with two low DB intake fans and one exhaust fan.

Still doesn't change the fact that the PM outperforms the A64 at a lower clock while drawing quite a bit less power. How is that not an indication of the PM's potential? The Athlons have always run at slower clocks because they execute more IPCs. They still couldn't overclock anywhere near the clock rates achieved by P4s, so that's a mi-nute point.

the majority of pc owners dont have 3 fans.

the pm outperforms the athlon when u overclock it by at least 300 mhz while you leave the athlon at stock. yoru arguement is a joke.

ANova said:
hovz said:

Still doesn't change the fact that the PM outperforms the A64 at a lower clock while drawing quite a bit less power. How is that not an indication of the PM's potential?

NO, IT DOES NOT. STOP LYING.

Are you retarded with this stupid comparison? Now 4-5 people telling you it's retarded to compare one stock CPU to another which OCed by hundreds of MHz.

Why do you embarras yourself more?

T2k said:
ANova said:
hovz said:

Still doesn't change the fact that the PM outperforms the A64 at a lower clock while drawing quite a bit less power. How is that not an indication of the PM's potential?

NO, IT DOES NOT. STOP LYING.

Are you retarded with this stupid comparison? Now 4-5 people telling you it's retarded to compare one stock CPU to another which OCed by hundreds of MHz.

Why do you embarras yourself more?

I don't, you're just blind. :LOL:

ANova said:
The point is that the PM can do the same, they're just throttling the clock, no big deal there. Intel has added throttling features to the Prescotts now as well.

Of course Intel can and are doing the same.

That 60w claim is a bit of an exaduration just as the 31w claim.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-90nm_5.html

Like I said, I have a P4C that only reaches around 46C at load at 3.6 GHz.

The temperature aren't that important imo. And you forgot this part from the xbitlabs article:

In fact, this method is not very precise, because it doesn’t take into account the performance index of the processor voltage regulator circuit, however, it suits quite well for a preliminary rough

And look at the numbers and you'll notice that the difference between the 90 nm and 130 nm A64 and the Prescott are the about same as in Tom's review. The difference is that all results have an added 25-30W in xbitlabs result. And xbitlabs have 132W for the Prescott, Tom's have around 100. Doesn't mean that Tom's is correct and xbitlabs are wrong but most articles i've seen at least have the same difference between the different cpu's. Tom didn't include a Pentium M in the measurement which would have been good as a comparison but i tend to trust Tom's more in this case. Especially since Xbit labs themselves admits that the measurements aren't exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back