When Tuesday does the G70 NDA expire?

As for the price, it's unsurprising, isn't the PE like $550? I know you don't expect R520 to be available at day one at anything less especially given the rumoured specs.

If there is an Ultra lurking, and it seems Nvidia will need one, it hopefully will fall into the GTX's price slot and bump everything else down. But that's dependent on R520 pricing as well I would imagine.

I'm surprised to see a non-Ultra with a now-standard 256MB debuting at $600 MSRP--if that is in fact the real MSRP. TigerDirect is selling the BFG bundled with a PSU for the same $600, so maybe this is the usual early gouging? I hope so.

I haven't heard of an IHV setting a higher MSRP at launch, then quickly lowering it. MSRP usually stays the same for years, no?

ellingsen, yeah, the ATI card has a lot more texture detail in those 3DM05 shots. Curious.

Still no leaks? Damn it. I didn't bother going to the SF launch event this year (last year I took a camcorder and posted notes from the show via wireless PDA) cause I figured lots of other people would leak it and I could chill out at home this time. I guess if you want things done, you have to do them yourself. :)

DSC said:
DemoCoder, will you be going to next year's event? ;) :p

If there is one. :) Maybe I'll go to an ATI event if they hold one in the Bay Area.

My only problem last year was not arranging hosting ahead of time. Tim Sweeney demoed UE3 to the public for first time and I taped it, but when I got home, there was a super mega demand for me to upload it, but I had no where to put it (100+megabytes).

*note to myself: must upgrade system at any price till the end of this year...*

Back