What? Splinter Cell supports 1080p ?!?

Yes. Played it and beat it. I guess if you moved directly from N64 to Xbox, it didn't seem like it had framerate or tearing issues. And personally, I don't think any vsync issues are minor.

sometimes it's better to be quiet and let the expert talking. And with that i'm off

I was hopping that MS would not jump on the 1080p bandwagon, but it seems they have and that is just absurd. Really, what is the point, do we really need in one generation go from 480 to 1080p, isn't 720p enough? Are we going to waste all the power that the new consoles have just on a resolution upgrade? I mean for the absolute most people 1080p right now and in even in the future is just worthless and to really notice the difference with 720p you will huge TVs and sit really close. I really don't like were this is going, I am even of the opinion that 720 might not be needed and now they are pushing 1080p, sad...

I was hopping that MS would not jump on the 1080p bandwagon, but it seems they have and that is just absurd. Really, what is the point, do we really need in one generation go from 480 to 1080p, isn't 720p enough? Are we going to waste all the power that the new consoles have just on a resolution upgrade? I mean for the absolute most people 1080p right now and in even in the future is just worthless and to really notice the difference with 720p you will huge TVs and sit really close. I really don't like were this is going, I am even of the opinion that 720 might not be needed and now they are pushing 1080p, sad...
I really think you're going overboard a bit. The 1080p update is mostly to counter a bullet-point that Sony thought they only had. The majority of games are still going to be targeted for 720p so there aren't going to be sacrifices. If people want to upscale the output resolution to 1080p they have the option to do so (this doesn't impact performance). There's likely going to be very few retail 360 games, if any, that support 1080p natively because it's simply more trouble than it's worth. I can only see Live Arcade games in the future truly taking advantage.

I really think you're going overboard a bit. The 1080p update is mostly to counter a bullet-point that Sony thought they only had. The majority of games are still going to be targeted for 720p so there aren't going to be sacrifices. If people want to upscale the output resolution to 1080p they have the option to do so (this doesn't impact performance). There's likely going to be very few retail 360 games, if any, that support 1080p natively because it's simply more trouble than it's worth. I can only see Live Arcade games in the future truly taking advantage.

I thought rendering at 1080p without AA wouldn't be that much, if at all more expensive than rendering at 720p AND AA. Even if this depends on the game, it's still a valid point. And Sony's marketing and the free choice of developers to go for 1080p are two different things I would say.

I'm personally more concerned about either developers sacrificing framerate to pump out more shiny shine in screenshots. :devilish:

Pretty fun actually. There are some minor frame rate issues in a few spots, but nothing major. The gameplay is solid, and story seems better than the last one.

I think the 9's it's getting in reviews is pretty accurate.

Cool. Thanks. :)

What do you think of those interactive cut-scenes?

Back