What music are you listening to right now?

Lacuna Coil - No Need to Explain

Early Lacuna Coil really is amazing music, to bad the band took a different direction, one that I really do not enjoy. But I will always hold Lacuna Coil, Half Life, and In a Reverie as some of the best music in its genre of all time. Cristina Scabbia has a truly beautiful voice... when its not being thrown through a billion processing effects.

Europe - The Final Countdown

Oddly enough, one another forum I frequent we've had one of these threads going for about 18 months too :) They seem quite popular, and a good source for alternative listening :cool:

Faith No More - Introduce Yourself (Original Version)

Who cares if Chuck Mosley is only 1/1000000000 of the vocal talent that Mike Patton is, at least he has the right attitude for the band. That's why Faith No More was great from the start, even when they didnt have the greatest vocalist of all time (Mike Patton) Chuck had the perfect attitude for them.

What are you listening now?

Very strange but lately i've been listening to opera. LOADS of it and all sopranos, from Natalie Dessay to good old Maria Callas. Full concerts, my favourite at the moment being Lucia di Lammermoor, or compilations of arias.

Opeth - The Grand Conjuration

I really disliked this song the first time I heard it, it was a leak and the first glimpse of Ghost Reveries I had heard up to that point. Since GR released and I've listened to it at least a few hundred times now, I must say I really love it. Its a great song, very hard hitting, and the vocal performance by Mikael Ã…kerfeldt is just easily some of the best death metal vocals I've heard.

Opeth - The Grand Conjuration

I really disliked this song the first time I heard it, it was a leak and the first glimpse of Ghost Reveries I had heard up to that point. Since GR released and I've listened to it at least a few hundred times now, I must say I really love it. Its a great song, very hard hitting, and the vocal performance by Mikael Åkerfeldt is just easily some of the best death metal vocals I've heard.

Differences in point of view aside between you and I in previous threads, I have to admit you have almost a carbon copy of my musical tastes from what I've observed you posting. My personal favorite off that cd is Ghost of Perdition.

Differences in point of view aside between you and I in previous threads, I have to admit you have almost a carbon copy of my musical tastes from what I've observed you posting. My personal favorite off that cd is Ghost of Perdition.

Yes, it is rather ironic. I'd say my favorite song off of Ghost Reveries would be either Baying of the Hounds or Isolation, there's something about Isolation that is very heart stopping.

Anway, currently listening to Tomahawk - God Hates a Coward

Can catch a live performance of it off of YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ZVTsx_MKLA

YMO - Kang Tong Boy.
Rather uncharacteristic YMO, with lots of guitar and a female "punkish" singer, but lovely lovely stuff nevertheless.

YMO is quickly becoming one of my all time favourite bands, after I rediscovered them a while ago.
That might be, but the general quality of pop music was infinitely higher back then.
Pop music stopped being good sometime around the mid 90s. Not that there has been any good stuff since then, but certainly not the massive stream as in the 60s 70s and 80s.

damn, i was really hoping you meant Yellow Magic Orchestra ;_; damn i miss YMO *listens to computer games 12" again* :runaway:

Back