What music are you listening to right now?

I know this song since I was a little child. Of course, when I sang it I didn't understand that it describes the secret love between two women. It is one of the most beautiful songs I know. The band's name is Mecano, a famous Spanish band back in the 80's and 90's.

Here's a video with an English translation:

Some of you may know Mecano indirectly, since Sarah Brightman covered one of their most famous songs, Hijo de la Luna (Child of the Moon):

Original videoclip:

Funny note: sometimes in Spain people sing the tune and say "hijo 'e la gran puta" ("son of the great whore") instead of "hijo de la luna". XD

5 months after going to my first Twenty øne Piløts concert & I'm still only listening to their music. I have bought albums 1, 3 & 4 & stream album 2 since it's too hard to find on CD & it's not available for download/purchase. Plus I play all their official remixes & covers available on YouTube. That includes about 60 songs. Plenty until they release their album. Can't wait for that & their next tour. Getting tickets the second they're available.

Tommy McClain

"Bixby"
Ginger Runner - Grinds

It's on Spotify (and probably other places too), but not youtube, strangely.

Norway isn't only Death Metal...:

Tinny encoding, but you know...fucking Youtube:

And you know, just to fuck with you guys: Drömmens Skepp (Ship of Dreams, roughly...)
The lyrics is a poem, originally, and the song first released in 1979. :p

Oh, and this reminds me why LPs suck. Lol.

You mean black metal, don't you? Norway was never that well known for their death metal.

In spirit of that, finnish black metal cover of old folk song with slightly adapted lyrics

And hero'esque folk metal cover old.. humm, it literally translates to "hitmusic", but it's something extra-light-diet-pop'ish-rock'ish-music our moms and dads listened to (aka those at middle age or over today)

And now I'm stuck listening to genre-crossing covers half the night. Just because of that, 3rd is the charm, finnish black metal cover of 70's-80's (soft)rock sensation Rauli Badding Somerjoki's Tähdet Tähdet

@Kaotik
Oh, pardons for getting my metals confuzzled and mixed up! :D

Saw an interesting Norwegian documentary - also on youtube incidentally - a few months ago, about Mayhem, the infamous early 1990s black metal band where one member committed suicide* and a picture of his dead corpse with his splattered brains ended up on the front of the envelope of one of their albums, and one other member murdered another member. I'll post a link to that vid in the Youtube thread for those who are interested. (And yes, it is very interesting.)

Definitely a weird time in the back then rather provinsial and insular nation of Norway one has to say. Of course, much later there was Behring-Breivik, and all that baggage he brought with him...

*Maybe... Who can say really.

Tinny encoding, but you know...fucking Youtube:

And you know, just to fuck with you guys: Drömmens Skepp (Ship of Dreams, roughly...)
The lyrics is a poem, originally, and the song first released in 1979. :p

Oh, and this reminds me why LPs suck. Lol.
I liked them all, especially the first one!

Back