What music are you listening to right now?

Kingsglaive Soundtrack.
I miss these kinds of soundtracks in movies. Immediately recognizeable while working with the film, yet also perfectly fine witout it.

I've been listening to the new A Tribe Called Quest record practically on repeat lately, has anyone been listening? It's incredible, in my opinion. I'm always bit sceptical with comeback albums from older groups who reunite, but honestly the quality of this record just underlines how relevant ATCQ are even now. Can wholeheartedly recommend!

I don't know how to describe the music, other sources go from "industrial" to "black metal influences" to "trip-hop" to "ambient" and whatnot

Devin Townsend - Transcendence album. Such an incredible artist in every way.

Nice return to form. His last two outings were a little too poppish for my tastes, Ziltoid, although funny, really kind of dragged, and Synchestra I can barely even remember. According to Wikipedia he also did a million other things I wasn't even aware of on the side. To me, the new album sounds like he threw Ocean Machine and Accelerated Evolution into a blender, which I find very agreeable indeed. Could be a little more adventurous, though.

Last edited:
Nice return to form. His last two outings were a little too poppish for my tastes, Ziltoid, although funny, really kind of dragged, and Synchestra I can barely even remember. According to Wikipedia he also did a million other things I wasn't even aware of on the side. To me, the new album sounds like he threw Ocean Machine and Accelerated Evolution into a blender, which I find very agreeable indeed. Could be a little more adventurous, though.
Ziltoid and Synchestra were 10 years ago :) He's done a lot since then. Have you listened to Z2 Dark Matters? It's the ultimate Ziltoid experience, especially his live performance of it at Royal Albert Hall. I'd also recommend Z2 Sky Blue and Epicloud

Like I said, neither Z2 nor Epicloud did it for me. Z2 I actually found rather annoying. Too much bloody narration. Narration which I don't find particularly funny to begin with. Epicloud is just a little dull. I think I'm gonna give Deconstruction a closer listen, though. Sounds cool so far.

My favorite Devin records are "Alien" and "Biomech", by the way.

just love the chorus

And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
Be running up that road
Be running up that hill
Be running up that building
Say,
if I only could, oh

She's put on weight, and grown a beard then. I mean I had a little bit of a crush on her when I was a teenager, I'm not so sure about this new thing she's got going on.

Epica - The Holographic Principle (2 disc version)
Even the regular version clocks in at 73 minutes or so. The second disc adds an extra 25. That's an awful lot of symphonic metal cheese. But what the hell, I still find it irrestible since it's just so incredibly well made and catchy. To my surprise it's also surprisingly heavy. Heavier than the band has ever been in fact. And despite lots of generically downtuned guitar chugging, the album is actually full of memorable riffs. So for 73 minutes, Epica is roughly the same as they've been since dropping "The Divine Conspiracy", except bigger (the synths have finally been replaced with real orchestration in their entirety) and better. The bonus disc is one heck of a sweet suprise too. You get 5 tunes from the main disc, except they're played in jazzy, bluesy or folky fashion. These are not metal anymore, and they all sound fantastic. Almost wished some of that willingness to experiment with musical styles had made it onto the main disc.

Last edited:
Back