What music are you listening to right now?

@Rys That's great. Nice mix of old DnB sounds with a fresh arrangement. Not sure why but it made me think of Fanu. Different sound but maybe the same old and new thing that struck me when I first heard that too.

@upnorthsox The first few tracks would be great in a Deus Ex game. Gonna give this one a full listen later. Probably a good theme for my next XCOM session.

As for my contributions to the thread:

I've started listening to quite a lot of music like this while playing rocket league. Quite an odd counterpoint to a frenetic game, but it seems to help me get in the zone. Faster music while fun makes me play too wildly.

Last edited:
Listening to almost all types of music, from edm, to rock, to jazz, to blues, to classical but these days i always come back to this, i think i'm addicted:

Talking about music OST i also liked these two themes from TFA

Last edited:
Enjoying Haken at the moment, Prog heaven. Here's the short version with the amusing video for Cockroach King:

And the fantastic Pareidolia

Prog heaven
What did you think of the Voyager song I posted on page 45 ?
ps: you should be careful who you expose to the majesty of prog, how's someone brought up on 3.5 minute pop songs going to cope with a 23 minute song recorded in 11-9 time. they could be damaged forever ;)

Last edited:

Krautrock... A lot of krautrock, because of Spotify's auto-generated weekly suggestions. Lol, krautrock is taking over my playlist because of self-reinforcing positive feedback and I'm not sure how to stop it! :LOL:

Krautrock... A lot of krautrock, because of Spotify's auto-generated weekly suggestions. Lol, krautrock is taking over my playlist because of self-reinforcing positive feedback and I'm not sure how to stop it! :LOL:

You cannot stop it, it goes on For Ever

What a voice;

Yarling is the vocalization process of putting a hidden 'R' underneath every syllable in a lame way to sound soulful.
Examples of bands that regularly yarl in their vocals; Matchbox 20, Nickleback, Pearl Jam

Neu
Part of that song reminds me of hawkwind

I better give you guys some music you can criticise ;)
it goes on For Ever
No it doesnt ;) Lets see who can make it to the end

Last edited:
Meh, whatever. I like the sound of Eddie Vedder. I don't think it's up to you to decide what is soulful or not. :p

I like a bit of prog, but that recording is horrible.

Last edited:
So in the game of Prog top trumps you've gone straight to defcon 5
Dont make me post some Gentle Giant I will and I dont care how many fatalities there are ;)

New Moonsorrow album "Jumalten Aika"

(teaser)

Whole album is a bit of a step to the side, but I'm still digging it. Hats-off for the great production.

Back