What music are you listening to right now?

Kayo Dot - ___ On Limpid Form

Listening to Last.fm right now in hopes of finding something new, not working. Most of the recommendations it gives I already have, it is a nice radio of sorts though for various groups without having a mindless shuffle going in Foobar changing up the mood.

I've had Dream Theater's Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory on heavy rotation for, err, two weeks? Two weeks. Up and down. Amazing album.

Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

The new PT album (Fear of a Blank Planet) is tremendous. Anesthetize itself is very much a departure from past PT sounds, around the 11 minute mark you'll hear PT go death metal nearly (no, Steven doesn't try death grunts). Where Deadwing was very slow building and more introspective, Fear of a Blank Planet is just all out rage at the state of the word. Truly the album's title says it all. The lyrics are very to the point, and very much hit you in the jaw. There are however some mellow parts and they show the skill Steven Wilson has in pacing music and just his amazing talent in all parts of the musical experience. Only topped by Stupid Dream, though the Stupid Dream, Fear of a Blank Planet, and Lightbulb Sun top three are very close but all represent very distinct groupings in the Porcupine Tree sound. Very highly recommended.

John Arch
nice name very obvious but hey someone aint used it yet so why not.
i noticed not much romantical or no classical lovers, (im listening to noting newly discovered (for me) at present ( schuberts string quartet collection for the umptenth time ) if someone could recomend me something thatll be cool)

Back