What model firearm is this?

MPI said:
Althornin said:
nope.
they fixed that

Didn't say they didn't. But it was a problem and they had to redesign for it. And IIRC they had to set the continous auto-fire mode as low as 400rpm or something b/c of heat build-up.
I thought it was for recoil - thats what the linked webpages say...

Guden Oden said:
I wonder, how does one unchamber a caseless round since there is no ejection port for spent cartridges? This issue might be moot however since I don't know if any production firearms really use caseless ammo tho...
Look at my links.
They show an ejection port for unchambering a round if you have to...

Unknown Soldier said:
Dang .. haven't seen that SMG before. Seems like fun at 1200rpm. :D

I haven't shot an MP5 either. What's it like?

heh.... best way to describe it is cool.... since it uses 9mm ammo recoil isnt bad (specially cause friend has MP-5SD, one with silencer), not like bloody AK-47 that is useless on auto, with MP-5 you can acctually hit something with short bursts.....

but that MGV-176 is really fun to shoot, no recoil, silencer and man.... it bloody cuts anything, you cant beat 1200 rpms.....

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
PC-Engine said:
Anyway, I'm gonna build a gun collection starting with one of these next year. Getting the civilian model which is pictured below.

Is it true that if you drop this weapon with a half empty magazine (or even a partially empty magazine not in the gun), the ammo gets all shaken up and jams the weapon?

I don't know, but if it's used by LE and military then I would hope it would be more reliable than that. I haven't done much research on this firearm myself.

Hehe I just stumbled upon a FN P90 replica airsoft made by Tokyo Marui and it looks so real. It even weighs a good 8lbs too. Check out these pics. I think I'll get one of these for indoor plinking while I wait for the real one to arrive. :devilish:

Tracer%20Unit.jpg

P90.jpg

take%20down.jpg

magazine%20bottom.jpg

magazine.jpg

Interesting gun. The Secret Service carry them around the White House. Saw some guys up close with them and even talked with them. They were all dressed in black even though it was hot as hell that day.

Silent_One said:
Interesting gun. The Secret Service carry them around the White House. Saw some guys up close with them and even talked with them. They were all dressed in black even though it was hot as hell that day.

Wow that is very interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that bit of info btw. :oops:

Silent_One said:

Welll, it's basically an UZI replacement weapon, designed for tank crews and the like: low maintenance defensive weapon.

PS. Did the SS have silencers attached? (I just had to ask)

wireframe said:
Silent_One said:

Welll, it's basically an UZI replacement weapon, designed for tank crews and the like: low maintenance defensive weapon.

Question, I keep hearing about weapons for tank crews etc., but what is the difference between tank crews and normal foot infantry with regards to weapons usage/requirement? What's the difference between a defensive weapon vs an offensive weapon? Also shouldn't all military firearms be low maintenance?

PC-Engine said:
wireframe said:
Silent_One said:

Question, I keep hearing about weapons for tank crews etc., but what is the difference between tank crews and normal foot infantry with regards to weapons usage/requirement?

Size and weight (both the weapon and ammunition), likely range of engagement. Basically, for armor crews you want something compact that can produce high volume of fire at short-to-intermediate range. SMGs are ideal since they provide more firepower then sidearms but are smaller, lighter and easier to use (particularly in close quarters) then assault rifles.

I don't know if P-90 fits the wireframe's description because AFAIK it's not particularly low-maintenance.

I don't know if P-90 fits the wireframe's description because AFAIK it's not particularly low-maintenance.

Care you elaborate a little more? From what I understand it doesn't need any lubrication and it can be field stripped in a few seconds and only has like 4 main parts.

Back