What is the best video-conference camera?

Leeco

Newcomer
What is the best conference camera (up to $200) that works on Mac and Windows XP?
Also, does anyone know the software that can "connect" (conference-wise, free-preferably) Mac and PC users?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what level of kit you are talking about. $200 seems like a lot for consumer level.

I talk to distant family members fairly frequently using a webcam and free software.

My webcam is a Philips Toucam Pro (an older version of this http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=O5TFEUNHUV2KRJ0RMRESHP3HKFSEKI5P)
primarily because it has good low light performance and I use it for occasional astronomy. It uses a CCD as opposed to my previous camera which used a CMOS sensor and was crap even in a fairly well lit room.

For software I use Yahoo Messenger for the video and Skype for the audio. It is a pain to use 2 apps but the audio performance of Skype is much better than Yahoo and Skype doesn't support video (yet). I have tried MSN messenger and Netmeeting but Yahoo seems to give better performance.

Back