What is Fast14?

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by 2senile, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Joe DeFuria

Legend

...if not with absolute performance, but then certainly for cost / time to market.

The way I understand it, FAST14 is basically taking the "hand" out of "hand tuning."

2. Basic

Regular

Chalnoth:
    Aivansama is right. Asynchronous processing is a completely different thing. In fact, this is about as far from asynchrounous you can go.

3. bloodbob

bloodbob Trollipop
    Veteran

Not really there is still a lot of verification/testing ect to be done the proccess still takes a very long time but what it does do is it puts engineer's jobs on the line ( either that or free them up to work on other projects ). Though that will drop the price and make it cheaper for me :).

4. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

5. rwolf

rwolf Rock Star
    Regular

I am betting that the connection is MIPS not PowerPC. ATI has a MIPS IP license and I bet they use functional units such as FPUs from MIPS in the R3xx. Fast-14 has high speed MIPS math logic so ATI can easily integrate it into their products.