What HDTV should I buy??

wigger

Newcomer
I've been researching and talking to a lot of people about which hdtv is the best. I came down to DLP, and sticking with it. However, I don't know what brand to choose!!

It is either going to be a Samsung or Toshiba DLP tv. Nothing smaller than 62 inch screen size and has to be 1080p. So please leave your opinions or better yet experiences on which tv is better!

I'm considering to buy one of these, what you all think?

Samsung 61inch
http://www.bestbuyplasma.com/Plasma/product.asp_X_Sku_Y_HLR6168W_Z_tab_Y_tab6_Z_bg_Y_dlpg#look

Toshiba 62inch
http://www.bestbuyplasma.com/Plasma/Product.asp_X_Sku_Y_62HM195

Those New York call center stores often do have some attractive pricing but also tend to be gray market operations. That means they aren't tend to be authorized dealers, pass of refurbished stuff as new, usually overcharge for shipping, use poor quality shipping, and like to try and pass off crappy deals on accessories and extended warranties. Hard to say how things would pan out from the store linked, but I wouldn't take the risk with something as expensive and fragile as a DLP.

Then there is the issue of not all DLPs being built equal, so if you don't want rainbows or calibration issues then you'd better make sure you get get a well built one. So at this point, my advice is to either up your pricerange or lower your standards and find a good store to buy from. If you can find a store with a Mitsubishi WD-62725, I highly recomend going to check it out. Sure it isn't 1080p, but it is still 62", can be bought from a legit store at right around your price range, and it is a damn fine display for the money.

I don't know know much of anything about the store you linked; I was just pointing out some issues you might run into so if any of those possable issues consern you then you might want to check into them more. As for who you should look to shop with online, I honestly don't know as the stores I am familar with tend to stick to front projection and plasma; but once you decide which display you are after, then your best couse of action would be to find a list of authorised dealers.

I'd take the Toshiba...the 72" model. :cool: Also that dealer is BBB certifiied. Anyway as mentioned make sure you get a full US factory warranty. Also make sure it's not refurbished, open box or B stock unless you're specifically looking for that type of product. Preferrably buy from authorized dealers, however if this is not possible then try to find dealers that provide their own warranties when factory warranties are not available. Factory warranties are usually void if you buy from nonauthorized dealers.

Also you might want to check out the JVC 3-chip D-ILAs too.

Get this one TOSHIBA 62HMX94 it's the higher end model yet it's only $2500 at the link below. At bestbuyplasma they're selling this model for $3200!!

http://www.drprojector.com/dr/cartid98-EVEREST-41129TKFOO693/ic-62HMX94/itemdesc.html

I assume the importance is on HD (since that's in the title of your thread).

What country are you in, and how often do you watch the regular TV programs offered by the provider you're subscribed to?

Back