What exclusive games "sell" you the console?

Gears of War
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 ;)

I recently realized the only games I'd miss on Sony's platforms are the ones by Team ICO.

DemoCoder said:
XBOX360: Gears of War and Halo3

PS3: FFXIII, MGS4, and Heavenly Sword

Wii:? Red Steele and Zelda maybe

So far I rate graphics like this:

1. FFXIII
2. MGS4
3. Heavenly Sword and GoW tie (I tend to lean a little more to the color palette and look of HS tho compared to the "UE3 dark look")
4. Halo3. Didn't see enough to fully judge it, but the music alone gets me.

For PS3 I have more ... the next R&C game , 8 days , the next Naughty dog game , Assains Creed.

For Wii " the next smashbrothers game."

Revised after E3:
PS3 in order from most important to less important:

Because it is the only Playstation 3 ;)
Assassins Creed
MGS4
FFXIII
GT5
The new Naughty Dog game
New Ratchet & Clank game
Getaway
Lair
Resistance: Fall Of Man
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Whatever will become of the gorgeous "Afrika" concept shown at E3, actually this demo is what sealed the deal for me on PS3. It might not ever be a game and it has it's faults, but it's beautiful ;)

Wii
Zelda: Twilight Princess - I'm sure the adventure won't disappoint, though might as well ger it for GC (if I owned one) as I'm not completely sold on the "wiimote" in this game. The game will be great even with standard controller.

Mario Galaxy - should be fun and innovative. The game to sell the "wiimote" to me?

xbox360
Halo 3 - The flagship xbox title, so it's an obvious choice even though I really never "got it" what's so good in Halo1 and 2. Should be a graphical showcase and a good solid athmospheric fps.

Lost Odyssey - Though virtually nothing is known about the game, this could be the game that might make me buy the xbox360. It has good staff behind it, but that doesn't yet guarantee anything, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

My idiosyncratic list:

Wii: Sonic Wildfire, F-Zero, SSX (assuming Wii gets an SSX). But I'm also hoping that ATI's "barely scratches the surface" remark really is true about what the E3 titles were getting out of Hollywood.

X360 Bioshock, Splinter Cell

PS3 Tales RPGs, assuming Namco doesn't put any on Wii. GT5. Anything the ICO team does.

360:

Oblivion
Kameo
Gears Of War
Dead Rising
Halo 3
DOA4
PGR3
Future Rare games (Banjo, Killer Instinct, etc..)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Mass Effect (Trilogy)
Lost Planet
Lost Odysee
Blue Dragon
Trusty Bell
Xbox Live

Wii:

Zelda
Mario Galaxy
Smash Brothers
Future DS connectivity

PS3:

FFXIII
Heavenly Sword

Wii

-Zelda
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Metroid Prime 3
-Red Steel
-New Prince of Persia
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
-Resident Evil

Xbox 360

-Killer Instinct 3 (i hope)
-Forza 2
-Dead Rising
-Halo 3
-Alan Wake
-Mass Effect
-Blue Dragon
-Oblivion
-Fable 2
-GeOW

Playstation 3

-Resistance Fall of Man
-MotorStorm
-Shin Megami Tensei
-Hevenly Sword
-Dragon Quest
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Warhawk
-Devil May Cry 4
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Gran Turismo 5
-Killzone
-Socom 4
-Tekken 6
-Virtua Fighter 5
-Assassin's Creed (atm)
-Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (atm)
-Lair
-Wipeout
-Naughty Dog game

Update: I've jumped in!

Bought my 360 last Saturday. Had already purchased Fight Night Round 3 in anticipation, and today I scored PGR3 at ShopKo (of all places) for $25.72!

Looking forward mostly to Gears of War, Mass Effect, Lost Planet, and Forza 2... and if Rare announced a next-gen Killer Instinct, well, that'd be a dream come true.

I'll need to do an update too. In addition to what I listed before:

xbox360
Mass Effect - Looks gorgeous, the facial animation is on a new level. The setting and story sound intriguing. I really want to like this game, but also have my fears as for some reason I never really "got" the previous Bioware games like KOTOR. They were interesting and fun in the beginning, but got very boring before I got halfway through them. I blame mostly the combat sysytem which I didn't like. Or maybe I just wasn't ready to put enough into them, like DQVIII on PS2 got rather boring around the middle, but preservance reaps rewards.

Bioshock - I know little of this game other than screenshots and some general lines, but the art and setting of tis game look novel and fascinating.

Alan Wake - Will this be the new "Silent Hill"... or rather, I hope this won't be just another Silent Hill wannabe.

xbox360 as a media center - Maybe I'm just too excited about my new 90" big screen, but I look forward transferring my photos and music to xbox360 20 Gig HDD.

PS3
Blu-ray - I just bought my 90" front projection screen and a DLP projector, can't wait to watch 720p movies on it.

PSP + PS3 interoperatibility - When do we get more information on "Location Free"?

PS3 as a media center - Maybe I'm just too excited about my new 90" big screen, but I look forward transferring my photos and music to PS3 60 Gig HDD (and still have room for downloadables ;) ).

The new gyroscope tilt controller - Unfortunately by adding this feature, Sony just dropped Wii from my list. For me the PS3 controller offers enough of the novelty and functionality of wiimote not to warrant buying another console with similar "gimmick" ("gimmick" in a positive note and "similar" as broadly generalized).

Games... I think my previous list still stands, no additions no omissions.

I know, my list is not really in the spirit of the thread title, more a "what I look forward in the new consoles".

PS3: MGS, GT5, the next "ICO" game and every game that utilize CELL to add some next gen umpf
Wii: Mario Galaxy, MP, Zelda and the usual Nintendo suff
360: nothing really sparked my interest yet

PS3

Heavenly Sword
MGS4
Motorstorm
Warhawk
Tekken(If it doesnt end up like the crap they showed up at this years E3)
Wipeout
Motorstorm
The Next GT
DMC4
Resistance
VF5
Killzone (if ity turns out to be nearly as good as the target render)
The card game I forgot its name was quite original

And a few others

Plus some of its extra features

The Next Ninja Gaiden
Halo3
Bioshock
GoW
Lost Planet
Dead Rising

Wii

Red Steel
Mario Galaxy

and quite possibly the fact alone that it is cheap and offers new opportunities of gameplay I am sold for this

Playstation 3
MGS4
FFXIII
Heavenly Sword
GT5
Assassins Creed
Resistance: Fall Of Man
Lair
The new Naughty Dog game
New Ratchet & Clank game
Getaway
Warhawk
Afrika

Wii
Zelda: Twilight Princess - But to be honest, i prefer to play it on the GC. To be honest, I'm not completely sold on the "wiimote" for this game..

Mario Galaxy.

xbox360
Blue Dragon
Cry On.

On a side note, the new trend of Bald Metal Armor carriers Space Marines needs to end :devilish:

PS3
-Final fantasy + many other japanese RPG's
-DMC
-Afrika
-Lair(?)
-Resistance: FOM
-Heavenly Sword
-MGS
-GT5
-Virtua Fighter5(?)

WII
No special game really.. it's all about the controller with that console.

XBOX360
-Gears of War
-Blue Dragon(?)
-Lost Planet

I'm already sold on the PS3 just for its non-gaming uses.

But on games.

VF5!!! - Sold
MGS4
RE5 - If it's better than the 360 version
GTA4 - If it is better than the 360 version
Final Fantasy 7 - If they actually make this game they have already sold one copy.

Some PS3 games I am still on the fence about that could be good:
HS
Resistance
The Naughty Dog game
Final Fantasy XIII

Other than that there are not really that many announced games I am that sold on yet. I hope they don't just start porting over existing Xbox games like Dead Rising and Oblivion.

Prioritized:

360:
Rising dead
1. Mass Effect. Being a KOTOR (1+2) junkie this is easily the most anticipated game for me.
2. Halo 3
3. Forza 2
4. GOW
5. Oblivion (not really exclusive, is it ?)
6. DOA 4
7. Geometry wars
(8. Dead rising)

PS3:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Heavenly sword.
3. Virtua Fighter

Cheers

Back