What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing some Stalker Clear Sky. Got it because I just wanted a cheap shooter from Steam but it is fairly entertaining. My first STALKER game and while it doesn't do a great job of explaining the mechanics it's easy to get into. When the game gets dark it is very spooky and I get too nervous to stray too far from friendly camps :D

Playing some Stalker Clear Sky. Got it because I just wanted a cheap shooter from Steam but it is fairly entertaining. My first STALKER game and while it doesn't do a great job of explaining the mechanics it's easy to get into. When the game gets dark it is very spooky and I get too nervous to stray too far from friendly camps :D

Be sure to get the Clear Sky Complete mod, even if you're not usually the type who does mods. It just makes it a better and prettier game.

I'll be sure to give it a look. How graphically demanding is it over the regular game? I'm only managing about 20-30fps daytime in medium-highish settings, so hopefully I can tweak it.

The game as a whole is pretty big yeah, but the main campaign is... pathetically short. Is that what you're working at? Because if so, you're probably closer to the end then you might think.

One of the first things I did when I came back to Oblivion after playing it the first time was to find a mod that made all of the Oblivion gates randomly re-open... For some reason people hated the Oblivion gate realms - I LOVED them. They could set a whole game in one of those realms and I'd be all over it.

I've finished the main quest, but I want to do all the side missions too and this game is so addicting and beautifull.

I also started with (the latest) Wolfenstein, it's really a classic fps, a bit averidge but just enough to me keep playing it.(it looks great with 4xSSAA (exe renamed to "xr3da":))
Red Faction Guerrilla is next.

And I do some UT3 and Crysis from time to time.

But I still have some games left :D :

Last edited by a moderator:
I've finished the main quest, but I want to do all the side missions too and this game is so addicting and beautifull.

I also started with (the latest) Wolfenstein, it's really a classic fps, a bit averidge but just enough to me keep playing it.(it looks great with 4xSSAA (exe renamed to "xr3da":))

How can you stand to have a desktop that cluttered? :p

I'll be sure to give it a look. How graphically demanding is it over the regular game? I'm only managing about 20-30fps daytime in medium-highish settings, so hopefully I can tweak it.

It will run the same but the mod will add lots of new things to gameplay, functions, better TODs, skyboxes with distant terrain etc to make it all look prettier and a more robust game for same perfomance. Highly recommended.

That looks like my son's desktop, just make the wallpaper something TF2 related and it'd be perfect. :???:

I have 0 icons on my desktop. Windows 7 is the first OS i've felt comfortable with a no icon layout and I'm really liking it.

You wouldn't be able to do that if you had a Sacred Terabyte of Gaming Goodness™"

That's true, but I haven't the space (on my HD's) for it either :p

But how do you guys manage your games, what's easier then just click on your desktop (apart from the taskbar, but that's an even smaller place to put programs).

AFA desktops are consernd, I just like them simple and clear, I'm getting old I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true, but I haven't the space (on my HD's) for it either :p

But how do you guys manage your games, what's easier then just click on your desktop (apart from the taskbar, but that's an even smaller place to put programs).

1. Steam
2. Just typing them in start actually.. I only have shortcut for modded/beta games/executables

What's so great on Starcraft it's not a FPS ;)
Had to give it a whirl for respect out of all the old RTS games I used to play. I managed to replay StarCraft and the Brood War expansion just before the game came out.

I usually hate RTS games because they're a bit too intense for me, but I'm cheating like hell using a nice trainer. Makes it very relaxing for me. :yep2:

Thought C&C3 was the last good one. Tried Red Alert 3 at an internet c@fe and found it to be certified for 3 year old kids. Haven't tested the 4th one but no base building is automatically -5 points in the 10 point scale. Half the fun was to build a strong defence and expand.

Glad to see SC2 has it right as it should be, dont change the recipe that everyone loves* becouse more of the same aint always bad or else people would never watch series on the TV which revolves around same characters and same lifes but different things happening (new stiry in games same mechanics). Gambling devs or just out-of-touch publishers... who knows.

*Except casualitis which would neverthless not be interested in such games.

Anoither me another you la la la la.. :mrgreen:

Thought C&C3 was the last good one. Tried Red Alert 3 at an internet c@fe and found it to be certified for 3 year old kids. Haven't tested the 4th one but no base building is automatically -5 points in the 10 point scale. Half the fun was to build a strong defence and expand.

Yeah C&C 3 wasn't all that bad actually, I enjoyed it even if it may not have been as good as the first couple in the series.

Red Alert 3 was a huge disappointment but it was still somewhat fun even if it was incredibly dumbed down. C&C 4 just went off the deep end and commited suicide. I can't think of a single redeeming quality for it. Graphics, blah. Gameplay, puke. Storyline, yawn.

Regards,
SB

In my view I find only one RTS game (should I even call it an RTS ?) which is interesting as hell eventhough it has no base building...World in Conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back