What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I bought Turok for £1
18gb of hdd space - foook me I dont have 18gb of space
That's, um, insane. 18GB? Seriously? I mean, I might understand if it was a brand-new, cutting-edge game with amazing graphics and involved gameplay in a large game world. But Turok? Seriously?

Right now, I'm at work, but I plan to "Return to Ostagar" tonight, if you catch my drift, in preparations for "Awakening."

Since I now have all 3 Stalker games on Steam after the deals, I decided to finally start playing them. So currently playing Stalker Complete 2009.

Dragon age, great game so far, it was a little difficult at first, but once I got Alistair some gears, the game is a blast, and it's hella addictive :(

I'm currently replaying RE5 with HBAO! NV finally updated their AO profiles and RE5 was included. The quality of the AO has increased a bit as well. Still drives the frame rate down though. Before I was getting a constant 60FPS with everything maxed, high HDR, and 16XCSAA. I had to turn the AA down to 4xAA and HDR to low (AO would only work with HDR on low) to get playable frame rates. Now I'm struggling at times to even keep over 50fps (it goes into the 40s regularly during big outdoor battles) but the IQ improvement is huge so I'm keeping it on - I still get 60FPS at times (like indoors) but in the actual game I'm probably only averaging somewhere in the 50s.

I will soon be playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 - game almost looks Crysis like at times! - and Metro 2033 when they come. Oh and Assassin's Creed 2 and GoW 3. And if I like the demo, Just Cause 2. I don't know if I'll end up playing all these games (or getting them) this month but regardless it's already put a serious strain on my wallet and time!

Just started Clear Sky with the beta Complete mod. Game looks okay.... not as impressive as how it is in the screenshots. Running it on DX 10.1 with 5870... performance is not up to par. Only 22 fps on 1920x1200 with everything maxed out at Clear Sky base when godrays are abundant. DX9 in comparison doesn't look much worse and nets me a healthy extra 10 to 15 fps. Could anyone with experience tell me what to turn down without losing significant IQ?

Are you using HBAO? If not switch to that. Also AA is another obvious one. And godrays kill performance so you might want to try turning them to low (not much of a quality difference except a bit of dithering).

Just started Clear Sky with the beta Complete mod. Game looks okay.... not as impressive as how it is in the screenshots. Running it on DX 10.1 with 5870... performance is not up to par. Only 22 fps on 1920x1200 with everything maxed out at Clear Sky base when godrays are abundant. DX9 in comparison doesn't look much worse and nets me a healthy extra 10 to 15 fps. Could anyone with experience tell me what to turn down without losing significant IQ?

Looks good over here but not installed CM yet for CS. Got custom config. Check screenshot thread, in many places gives Crysis a run.

Playing DOA again but now as a rogue. Never finished game with mage/warrior (~50% completion) but the urge to wear dual weapons was to great. Dont forget to talk to the dog, entertaining.

*Morrigan is angry at dog for stuffing meat/food in her panties*
*Me says, "well cant smell worse than what your panties are hidding"*

Playing DOA again but now as a rogue. Never finished game with mage/warrior (~50% completion) but the urge to wear dual weapons was to great. Dont forget to talk to the dog, entertaining.

*Morrigan is angry at dog for stuffing meat/food in her panties*
*Me says, "well cant smell worse than what your panties are hidding"*
Presumably you meant DAO, not Dead on Arrival :)

Napoleon: Total War. Just picked it up for $25 (thx to $15 in certificates at Best Buy). It was either this or Bioshock 2, and I wasn't a huge fan of the first and really not into shooters that much these days.

Are you using HBAO? If not switch to that. Also AA is another obvious one. And godrays kill performance so you might want to try turning them to low (not much of a quality difference except a bit of dithering).

HBAO? What about HDAO? Should that be on or off?

Godrays, by that you mean the sunrays option am I right? Not the "sun quality" option (which has low,med,high, and ultra)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back