What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played some Rainbow Six Vegas 2, through the first mission, I need to transfer my save data from my laptop though, cause I was 2/3 through the game on that machine. Then played multiplayer for a couple hours. Haven't played it in a long time, but playing the MP reminded me of playing the first R6V on 360 oh so long ago when it first came out. It was the first, and really the only game on Xbox Live that I was hardcore into. Listen to Motorhead while playing......man those were the times! Felt good to get the same feeling playing the second one online, with Motorhead blaring of course. Good times, good times. Thinking of those memories actually makes me want to use a 360 gamepad instead of a keyboard at times. I know you don't want to hear that Davros, but the nostalgia gets to me :smile:

Sorry for taking so long to reply I was drying out my keyboard - It was soaked in the tears of the Gaming Gods

You'll be glad to hear that my experiment with using a 360 pad was short lived........as comfortable as it is to use, I needed the KB and mouse back desperately. My familiarity with the 360 pad and the R6:Vegas games hardly exists anymore, and such slow aiming was annoying as hell :D

Back on topic, I beat R6V2 yesterday. Turned out I wasn't 2/3 through the game like I thought I had been on my lappy, but at the second-to-last level lol. Great game, though short (typical game these days), but lots of fun. I like the first one more, and I need to get a copy of it for PC so I can play through it again (I beat it on 360 long ago when I had a 360). I do remember having it for PC a while back before I had sold it away when hard times forced me to sell my PC........

Not too sure what my next game to beat is.......but I may decide to extract my Titan Quest data from my laptop and finally finish it on my desktop or just start a whole new game. Forgot how badass it is. And just to let you know Davros, I'm intent on filling up my main 1 TB hard drive with as much PC gaming goodness as possible. I'll post a pic once I'm done installing everything I have and pray for the gaming gods approval. Hopefully everything fits, considering the 1 TB I have contains Win7 x64, all my music and media files not to mention game mods too. I also need to recover most of the 140 GB of space I have allocated as an empty drive though never used for it's original intent - extra space for WinXP as I don't have much space left on the 160 GB HDD I use for XP.

Just finished Modern Warfare 2 :)

Story line is awesome :D:D:D

Graphics, they go from :oops: to ewwwww to down right disgusting...

Biggest problem is how flat textures that supposed to be bumpy look, game would really benefit from POM ala Crysis :D

The trees looks piss poor in most maps as well.....

Other then that the graphics are nice and there is some truly jaw dropping moments in terms of visuals..

I'm intent on filling up my main 1 TB hard drive with as much PC gaming goodness as possible.

Gaming Goodness is the true path to happiness
I will offer the Gods some freshly killed ps3 owners and pray fro your success

ps If you liked r6 vegas maybe you'll like Swat4 although its a bit slow paced.
Or try Shadow Ops Red Mercury

Well *cough*cough*AHEM*....uh.........I do own a PS3 along with my computers..........I use it mostly for Blu-Ray and PSN PS1 games, I swear!!!! I hope that doesn't ruin my "street cred" with you, you know? We can still be pals right?! Heheh hhe eeeh.........right? But seriously I have a PS3 Slim for the games I can't get on PC, as well as Blu-Ray. The availability of PS1 titles on the PSN is really cool to have as well, though I love using emulators to play PS1 CD-ROMs, I always get a kick out of using such new tech to play games that are over a decade old lol.

As for the games I'm playing, I started Prince of Persia (2008 release, PC of course). I was pleasantly surprised at how much I really am enjoying it. It's a solid title and it runs better than I was expecting too. Really love the voice acting and interaction between the Prince (voiced by Nolan North aka Nathan Drake) and his female sidekick Elika. Excellent presentation, though the controls are a bit stiff and the shadow resolution is low and needs a softer penumbra. Need to get back on track with GTA4, as well as Far Cry 2, Titan Quest, and too many other games to count. Then I got tons of single player mods for various games..............oh so much to play!

I'm playing NFS:Shift
  • awful menu navigation (Seriously EA, what the hell is wrong with your menus? Do you force devs to implement this crap? I think you do.)
  • passable career mode
  • great graphics
  • very fun driving

The twist is that I'm using a 120hz monitor with 3D glasses, a TrackIR and a reasonably decent force feedback wheel and pedals (Logitech Momo). To say it's immersive would be an understatement. Using the 3D specs alone entices you to move your head to look round things, such as windscreen columns, but they dont allow that... the illusion breaks as foreground objects appear to track your movement to occlude what's behind them. With the TrackIR though it works as expected and the illusion is maintained.

It's not perfect. The mirrors are 2D projections, and I've not yet found a way of turning off the in car blur as you get to high speeds. The blurring in particular is just not needed when viewing in stereo - your eyes are focused on the road anyway and the blurring is there for real. It's just a shame when you want to glance down at the speedo and you see vaseline instead.

Overall - a great experience.

It's not perfect. The mirrors are 2D projections, and I've not yet found a way of turning off the in car blur as you get to high speeds. The blurring in particular is just not needed when viewing in stereo - your eyes are focused on the road anyway and the blurring is there for real. It's just a shame when you want to glance down at the speedo and you see vaseline instead.

There exists a multitude of mods and skins for Shift. From prettier graphics, high res skins to removal of blur (dynamic depth of field in cockpit/track), bloom, carnival/non authentic track objects etc. Take a look.

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?maincat=12

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=68

Finishing a playthrough of Mass Effect in preparation of Mass Effect 2, which is installed, but I just don't want to get started on something that is really going to suck me in just now...in a few days perhaps.

I'm playing NFS:Shift

I love 3d in my games. Still, aren't mirrors supposed to be 2d, even in 3d?

I play Mass Effect 2 right now. I'm a little pissed that the game assumes you completed the first game as an intergalactic jerk unless you import a save file (played the first game on 360) Stereoscopy is horrible in ME2, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love 3d in my games. Still, aren't mirrors supposed to be 2d, even in 3d?.

Well I still use two eyes to look into a mirror therefore should get two distinct lines of vision. At 50 metres (IIRC) stereo depth perception no longer works for humans, so maybe a bunch of stuff in the mirror wouldn't benefit at times.. but at least the mirror contents should appear behind the frame of the mirror and the windscreen etc. As it is, they appear to be stuck on to it as if viewing a TV. Maybe I've got this all wrong though, I'll be sure to check the rear view tomorrow! :LOL:

Nebula
Thanks for the links!

Those look pretty good. GTR Revolution and Race 07 both just look a bit flat to me. I know the actual simulation of driving physics is arguably more important but graphics that really convey the experience of being there, especially a real life track, it really helps. It's just funny that looking at a game like GT4 on an SDTV (which does hide some cosmetic flaws) looks more life like than many of the latest racing games on the PC when they are ran in higher resolutions.

Anyone done a comparison of the myriad of racing games as far as who actually has the most realistic driving model? It would be interesting to see where games like the GT series and Forza compare to PC titles that most Americans who play racing games never even heard of.

Just finished Stalker 2009 Complete... awaiting for Pavel's Clear Sky Complete mod. Heard that game is junk, but we'll see.

I will also finish Timeshift before this month's end, hopefully COD6 as well. Then I'll see if I'm able to get into Dragon Age.

This morning I got a key (through Gamespot) for the C&C4 Beta.

I don't know what to see.. my 17 month old daughter could probably play this game it's so easy.
First game
It was 4vs4 on a random dark map. I choose offense.
Set the marker at the middle tiberium thingy.. and just built the rapid fire unit (second of three basic units) and keep building them.

Having 63 command points I just keep building them up until maxed out. In a heavy firefight over the middle pylon. Once one player sent backup we beat the Nod forces and secured the pylon. After that I'm just there to kill the infantry and air units while the others pound the defenses into submission.

NO STRATEGY
just repeat build units and your finished.

this is really really disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back