What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it certainly reminds me of my age. :p I've noticed that when the adrenaline starts pumping for me now, my aim gets unsteady. Definitely not the competitive FPS player that I was over a decade ago. :(

New twist on the reminiscent athlete recalling high school/college days :)

New twist on the reminiscent athlete recalling high school/college days :)

Heh, I only wish FPS games were available when I was in HS/College. :) Then again maybe not. I probably would have wasted way too much time on them to study properly. :D

Nope, back then it was Baseball, Basketball, and Soccer (Football for the Europeans out there. :p).

Regards,
SB

How much will these slow things down? at 3680x1920 even 2x680s in SLI can be crippled...I read ENB has an occlusion options that looks great but can make for slide shows. Guess I'll have to start digging to figure out the best mods...

Performance isn't that important in Skyrim though IMO. I play at 1080p in 3D which is effectively 2/3rds your resolution on a single 670 with about 15 graphics mods applied. The game looks beyond amazing - best I've ever seen - but performance can regularly drop into the teens when out into the wilderness. I barely notice though.

By the way, does anyone know any decent sites for posting 3d jps images?

Performance isn't that important in Skyrim though IMO. I play at 1080p in 3D which is effectively 2/3rds your resolution on a single 670 with about 15 graphics mods applied. The game looks beyond amazing - best I've ever seen - but performance can regularly drop into the teens when out into the wilderness. I barely notice though.

By the way, does anyone know any decent sites for posting 3d jps images?
I've played Skyrim spread across my three 1080p monitors on a GTX 670 with no performance issues. I'm quite sure a pair of 680's is more than up to the task.

Too bad I have to rebuild a linux terminal server tonight (I hate paying IT guys :) ) or I'd be modding Skyrim...

Finished up DMC today and really enjoyed it overall which was surprising as these aren't usually the kind of games I like.

But now I'm In a Pickle. Have no clue what to play next. Have played all the major releases ( Far cry, Hitman, Sleeping dogs,AC3..etc) any body got any suggestions ?

I actually preferred the more mainstream gameplay of Hitman Absolution. Specifically that getting detected didn't mean you automatically failed the mission. You could run, hide, or go ape with the guns, complete missions up close and personal with stealth, or take a sniper shot from a long way off.

I got on with it much better than the previous games, in that I could sneak around as best I could, but if it all went pear-shaped, I could then run and gun in order to extricate myself from the corner I'd painted myself into. This was far more preferable than having to replay long levels again.

Too bad I have to rebuild a linux terminal server tonight (I hate paying IT guys :) ) or I'd be modding Skyrim...
I can't mod Skyrim because I play it from time to time on my Xbox 360.

I am also playing simple but superb fun games like Hydro Thunder Hurricane on the 360, and the old masterpiece Total Annihilation on PC.

I also play Chess4all on Windows 8, kinda love this OS.

CounterStrike: GO

A few friends picked this up in the steam sale just before Christmas and I didn't want to be left out. lol

Not really a new game, even most of the maps are the same as Source! However the interface update makes multi-player with friends a breeze compared with the old 'off to irc' to find a game and server for competative matches. The ranking system is also a nice addition. These changes combined with the new 'Arms Race' mode which is perfect for a quick warm up before a match, has really breathed new life into a game which IMHO was getting prettty tired.

I will be playing this as long as my friends do, as I don't really enjoy playing with unknown 'internet' folk.

Some Dungeonland. Cute waste of time game. Not very deep and don't expect to be playing it very long. I'd imagine it'd be more fun with 3 other friends, but so far I'm the only one I know with it. :p

Spec ops the line yahtzee's game of 2012 ?

Played it at a friends house after hearing about how good it was. Ugh, horrible game. Mediocre shooter. A story with so many plot holes that by the end you have to wonder if the story was written by a 12 year old.

Seriously, his squad mates see him talking about dead bodies as if they were alive, responding to non-existant voices, etc. And still go along with what he says?

Regards,
SB

Borderlands.

Purchased it yonks ago, started it once, ran around ineffectively without accomplishing much and reached level 3 :)lol:), thought it was a pretty cool game. Then decided I'd look more at it later and some years passed. (!)

Sequel came out, now there's like 50 pieces of DLC for said sequel, I thought maybe I ought to try the original first... Having some difficulty with, well, the difficulty. Game likes to spawn impossible-to-kill enemies right outside the starting town. I shoot them in the head with my crappy starter sniper rifle and it knocks off a couple pixels from their health bar... Not good!

I'm trying to play all the Steam games I got on sales before the next-gen consoles come out and eventually "force" me to upgrade when their ports come out.

That said, in these past months I played:

XCOM - great!

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - meh.. a bit repetitive after playing AC2. I also have Revelations but I don't know if I'll have the patience for that.

Alan Wake - didn't pass the first couple of levels. It seemed too boring and nonsense to me.. after spending like 4 hours playing the game I still had no clue about what was happening. One moment I'm running towards the light because there are some weird human-looking "ghosts" that are weakened by my flashlight (really..? luigi's mansion?) but then I have to shoot them to kill them (WTF?!), then I'm playing a flashback in the city, then I'm back to the town and pretend nothing happened about the "ghosts" (double-WTF?!).. all while I'm getting some pages from a book that apparently my character wrote without knowing how.
I may get to this game again sometime, but a narrative can only get its audience interested in it for not so long without actually explaining what/how/dafuq is happening, and I think Alan Wake crosses that line for way too long. Just my opinion.

Dead Island - Finished in coop. Good gameplay with some nice ideas. Story is about as good as a zombie game can be (not good), too many sidequests that are just fillers (like searching the whole island for champagne in exchange for XP), crappiest ending ever.. but fun nonetheless.

Orcs Must Die 2 - Finished Story in Coop. Lots of fun in coop, lots of orc gibs everywhere, better "something else meets tower defense" than Sanctum. I just wish it was longer, but I'd buy a Orcs Must Die 3 any day.

Dishonored - Finished Campaign. It's definitely a great game, but I think it's a bit overrated. Maybe because I always played as a good guy trying not to kill anyone or even getting noticed at all, and the "dark path" would've been more fun to play. Dark Messiah meets Hitman with a bit of Bioshock to the mix. Yes, level design is good but did they really have to put zombies in there? Because that felt more like a checklist obligation than something that actually added something valuable to the story and/or gameplay.

Prototype 2: Finished Campaign. Meh.. it could very well be a series of DLCs for Prototype 1 instead of an actual sequel. It was fun to play (it's usually fun to play a "superman" in an open world where we can do lots and lots of destruction, send people flying, turning soldiers into a pulp of flesh, etc), but nothing memorable.

Max Payne 3 - Finished Campaign. I think this one would have been a spectacular game-of-the-year, if not for the way-too-much-over-the-top-ness of having to shoot down endless armies of soldiers/criminals/mercenaries to progress in the game, making it a bit too much nonsense.
Honestly, in one moment I'm watching the immersive cutscenes that make it a "believable" story with incredible voice acting and in the next moment I'm playing Serious Sam. Because somehow the game designers thought it'd be cool if a ~30-people yacht with 2 personal guards got assaulted by 600 terrorists. As if anyone leading an attack like that would think it's a good idea to send hordes of armed men to board a relatively small boat.
And I was playing in normal. What happens in hard? The enemies turn into superhuman mutants with bulletproof skin and all our weapons turn into BB guns?

HAWX 2: Tried a couple of hours last night. From what I've played, it's not worth the super-discounted price I payed for it. Which is too bad because I really enjoyed HAWX 1, but this one is such a downgrade from the first installment.. Even the controls seem messed up.

Right now I'm playing The Witcher 2, next it's going to be either Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops: The Line or LA Noire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back