What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One nice high-level character is a bard/red dragon disciple/some sort of fighter character. Bard's just there for the red dragon disciple levels, but also allows for some very limited spellcasting even at high levels with the new ability of Bards to cast in medium armor (you can use Mithril full plate at high levels and still cast spells).

For the first NWN, I think the most powerful character I ever made was one of these guys, and I made him a weapon master at high levels (fighters get one more attack, if you make 'em a fighter early, but weapon masters have some really sweet feats). The stat bonuses for the red dragon disciple are just awesome.

Also fun is the shadowdancer class, not so much for pure power, but more just for being fun to play.

My shield dwarf 1 bard/4 fighter/10 RDD/5 NWN was probably my most powerful build (that or my 20 monk). Not sure if he can take another class after those 4 but if he can I'll probably go 10 weapon master. I've seen him crit with his scythe for around 140 dmg since his strength is like 39 with a +8 belt and increasing his threat range will only make it worse. If I can't take another class then it'll be more fighter levels for him.

Radeon, I thought whatever an exported character has equipped stays with him/her? Or did you make a new level 18 character at the beginning of MotB?

bioshock occasionally (weekend before last anyway). still love it, but im into Two Worlds...happy i found a new G2-ish experience.

never finished tomb raider legends (still installed)

uninstalled STALKER (quality, but meh experience to me)

partial NOLF 2. laying around (started a couple weeks ago)

unfinished hitman: blood money (over a year now, original playthrough)

unfinished initial games of both Gothic3 and Oblivion. occasional mood for.

unfinished replays of Boiling Point and Farcry (tried and failed to get some recent farcry mods recommended by pc gamer UK)

uninstalled flight simulator X. meh, maybe later.

Hahah, irony. I just finished BioShock (on and off for a couple of weeks before I finally dragged my rear end through that terrible final series of levels). I also have Tomb Raider Legend installed, and just haven't been assed to finish it (I think i'm on that rooftop level in Tokyo... or I just finished it, can't recall). Played STALKER constantly for a bit after finally finding a balance of mods and tweaks that work perfectly for me... Did the labs (the one with the burning door and fire spirit things), got back to the bar, quit, and haven't gone back to it in weeks. Played some NOLF 2 just last night with my best friend, it's still a blast, especially when you unlock all the SP content for MP use. Got Hitman Blood Money installed, never played it (never finished any of the earlier games either sadly). Also got an unfinished game of Gothic 3... It looks great, I absolutely love reading about people's adventures around Nordmar (is that right?) or whereever, and I did run around the countryside a few weeks back, but overall I just can't get 'into it' at the moment.. I keep finding myself wanting to fire it up and play, but never do.

I also have Boiling Point installed, but never finished it because on the at-the-time great x1900 I was using, the game stuttered and ran like shit so much that I had no interest in continuing play. Lovely game though, just a nice one to run around in and do absolutely nothing constructive for an hour or two. And lastly, also have FSX installed, even purchased some of those nifty graphical 'enhancement' (yeah, right.) mods to modify all the clouds and whatnot, but haven't played it in a long time. The last thing I did with FSX was fly around in a Cylon Basestar, then I suddenly lost all interest.

Ahh sigh, one day i'll get around to these games... one day. If anything, I find playing a game for a bit, leaving it for months, then coming back to it actually makes the experience all the more better. I did that with Prince of Persia - Sands of Time. Played it constantly while I was staying at my Dads, then just left it for probably 6 months or more. Finally came back to it, instantly solved the bit I was having so much trouble with and just powered on to the end, thankfully, but the time I was all finished, WW was a week away from release (though that game was utterly pathetic and anyone who likes it needs their testicles to be skewered on electric rods and have a pineapple repeatedly shoved up their ass). Ahem.

Rant rant rant. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My shield dwarf 1 bard/4 fighter/10 RDD/5 NWN was probably my most powerful build (that or my 20 monk). Not sure if he can take another class after those 4 but if he can I'll probably go 10 weapon master. I've seen him crit with his scythe for around 140 dmg since his strength is like 39 with a +8 belt and increasing his threat range will only make it worse. If I can't take another class then it'll be more fighter levels for him.

Radeon, I thought whatever an exported character has equipped stays with him/her? Or did you make a new level 18 character at the beginning of MotB?

Ya monks are def nice too for AC builds, pretty good dmg too.

Bioshock, Team Fortress II, some Ground Control II and Company of Heroes, soon Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts.

Gave up on Disciples II for a bit, and finished Sherlock Holmes: The Awakening, the first-person Sherlock meets Cthulhu adventure.

There were a few scenes that were so bad they made me cringe plus a few 'huh?' moments where I wasn't sure why one thing led to another or something was a tad rediculous or when a cinematic didn't quite flow properly and I also had to consult a walkthrough a couple of times...but overall it was entertaining. It was fun poking around in the environments (a few of which had nice atmosphere) and following the clue trail and doing the puzzles.

A game where you play the roll of 'british gentlemen detectives' was a nice change of pace from 'generic arse kicking all american mutated rambo dude' after Bioshock anyway.

I wish the next Penumbra game was out now though, it gave me the urge to want to play it.

WW was a week away from release (though that game was utterly pathetic and anyone who likes it needs their testicles to be skewered on electric rods and have a pineapple repeatedly shoved up their ass). Ahem.

I liked the game part of the game. Infact purely game-play wise I think it's my favourite of the three. It's such a shame they dragged the tone/attitude of the game into the gutter.

SoT was easily the best all round game of the three when taken as the whole package IMO.

@Sobek:

sort of spooky our parallel gamings. but also, given 7 billion people on the planet, maybe not so much. be funny if you looked just like me too.

I liked the game part of the game. Infact purely game-play wise I think it's my favourite of the three. It's such a shame they dragged the tone/attitude of the game into the gutter.

SoT was easily the best all round game of the three when taken as the whole package IMO.

I can understand that. The gameplay was definitely still there and completely intact, it was just lost under a veil of failures. The new voice actor was terrible and over-bearing (grunt grunt, scream grunt seems to be the limits of that guys' ability). And it's supposed to be Prince of Persia, not Prince of GenericEvilIslandThatIsTotallyAbstractFromTheUniverseWeKnow... The soundtrack also reaked. Heavy Metal and /wrists-style music is not PoP, that's for sure. But again, the gameplay, as you mention, was totally there. The same fun wall-running manic jumping fast-paced gameplay that made so many sections of the first of this trilogy so intense and fun to play, and kudos to them for keeping that. I'm just glad they comprimised on TT to at least keep some true fans happy. WW brought with it a massive crowd of previously-hidden emo type people (and I say that loosely). But SoT was for sure the best of this new trilogy, without a doubt. I know i've got a savegame of it right now that I was playing through 6 months ago... perhaps it's time to finish it once more? :smile:

@Sobek:

sort of spooky our parallel gamings. but also, given 7 billion people on the planet, maybe not so much. be funny if you looked just like me too.

Oh let's not go there :p

NWN2 in preparations for Mask of Betrayer, but then I just have upgraded to an 8800 and the bugs in the latest patch(unable to load module) ruined my game :/
Played a lot of Lotro but not lately since the game has effectively been unplayable after their latest patch. It was supposed to fix peoples connectivity issues with rubberbanding and lag. For me it looses connection to server every time I change gamezones :/
So it is Company of Heroes and Opposing fronts then. Trying to get into that game again. Or maybe I should try the latest patch of Medieval II Total War, hmmm...

Sobek,

Yeah, all that stuff you mentioned annoyed me with WW. Plus the gore indulgence that snuck in (slow motion, blood spewing decapitations...just what the series needed!) and the characters being tackier than usual.

NWN2 in preparations for Mask of Betrayer, but then I just have upgraded to an 8800 and the bugs in the latest patch(unable to load module) ruined my game :/

You have any mods installed? My Baldur's Gate UI mod was keeping v110 from loading without a crash until I deleted it.

Nope. When the problems with Lotro first arose, I thought the problems was on my end. After much work I ended up formatting the harddrive and do a fresh clean install of windows. Of course that didn't work...but now I have a clean windows install :D. The old one was getting a bit cluttered, and I had messed a bit in the registry. Having bought the Mask of the Betrayer I have some strange issues as well, missing text etc. Figure I'll uninstall and, then reinstall and see if that fixes things. Good thing MoB came now, just when Lotro got messed up. Regret getting that lifetime account.

Nope. When the problems with Lotro first arose, I thought the problems was on my end. After much work I ended up formatting the harddrive and do a fresh clean install of windows. Of course that didn't work...but now I have a clean windows install . The old one was getting a bit cluttered, and I had messed a bit in the registry. Having bought the Mask of the Betrayer I have some strange issues as well, missing text etc. Figure I'll uninstall and, then reinstall and see if that fixes things. Good thing MoB came now, just when Lotro got messed up. Regret getting that lifetime account.

There's a hotfix out for MotB. When it installs there's a problem with the dialog file in NWN2's main folder that the hotfix repairs.

Sobek,

Yeah, all that stuff you mentioned annoyed me with WW. Plus the gore indulgence that snuck in (slow motion, blood spewing decapitations...just what the series needed!) and the characters being tackier than usual.

I completely forgot about the gore... I guess that's reasonable considering how well they handled that in the first game by simply showing blood-esque sprays of golden glowing sand, that was nice. For the life of me I can't recall, but how did they do it in TT? I seem to recall it still using blood, just not anywhere near as splashy and over-the-top as WW.

And you're right about the characters. It was just a blatant tit-fest with no real afterthought. Farah made for an excellent sidekick / heroine. She was sexy, but not "Hey, look at my bazookas" sexy. Cute voice and attitude, just a nice character (comparable to Alyx methinks). But WW was basically big breasted bimbos around every corner.

Loved the Dahaka though :smile:

*edit* On another note, just for shits and giggles I decided to reinstall Darkened Skye last night. I never actually finished it originally but I had so much fun with it. At first I was worried it might not install, or the videos might not work, or it might crash, or something like that. To my surprise the game works perfectly on all this new hardware, and needed nothing other than a good single-core forcing. Going to blast through and play this once more... Such a great game, for a game based on skittles.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/darkenedskye/index.html

I beat NWN- mask of the betrayer a few days ago. Pretty cool, but not uber cool like I thought Hordes of the Underdark for NWN1 was. I dont see myself replaying this with different combos like I did with HOTU. Part of it might have to do with having to fill the spirt bar ;)

Finally picked up CoH and now I regret waiting so long to do so. It's really a fantastic game and a nice change from all the fantasy RTS settings I've become accustomed to.

Finished Mask of the Betrayer as a level 30 wizard (yes, I'm too lazy to conjure up anything more elaborate than that!) yesterday, and found it overall much more enjoyable than the original - better cast, better story, and overall just more fun. The new gameplay mechanic was annoying at first, but after learning how to exploit it a bit it wasn't that much of a concern. Sadly, I found the ending to feel a bit rushed (starting to become a trademark of Obsidian it seems) and somewhat anti-climatic, but the Torment vibes during certain parts of the game more than made up for it.

Got the Crysis beta working finally, played it for 5 minutes, then promptly removed it. Not my kind of mp, very boring, and not that interesting to look at.

Instead, been making excellent progress on my Duke map;

<--Click to Enlarge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back