What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been playing Defragging my drives. My god what a hateful thing..
If im correct in thinking that if you copy a file to a non fragmented drive the file will be copied over non fragmented the i reckon that i could do the job quicker by moving everything to a different drive then moving it back

It's a good way of doing it, and also rearranging which games load faster (copy those onto the blank drive first). It's handy when you've got lots of games and realise, for example, that you'd like your recent install of Battlefield to load super fast so you can whore the best vehicles.

Defragging in my experience uses just the drive you're defragging. Lots of read/writes on the same drive has to be slower than copying from one to another. I suppose you have to copy it all back though. In the end it's probably down to just how fragmented it is, and whether you want particular games on the faster part of the drive.

I use defraggler which is free
no idea how it compares to others but i like it plus you can defrag a single file
since i have several gb of ram free you'd think a defrag would move files 3 or 4 gb at a time
or perhaps notice if you have space free on another drive and use that space to speed up defrag
do any programs do this
ive looked at a few defrag programs and a hell of a lot of them claim to be the fastest defragger

I use defraggler which is free
no idea how it compares to others but i like it plus you can defrag a single file
since i have several gb of ram free you'd think a defrag would move files 3 or 4 gb at a time
or perhaps notice if you have space free on another drive and use that space to speed up defrag
do any programs do this
ive looked at a few defrag programs and a hell of a lot of them claim to be the fastest defragger
My guess is that they would want to avoid that in case of a power interruption. Losing 3-4GB worth of data would be quite nasty.

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter. Going through it on easy mode after beating normal. I managed to go through almost all of that on Normal except for that fucking battle before the final boss. I had to turn on Turbo mode(AKA the speed powerup on all the time) to beat it. Turned it off for the boss after.

I really have trouble seeing how people could beat that battle on Mental mode... I'm sure it's happened, but hell if I know how they've done it.

During that, I played through Serious Sam: Double D. Rather fun, but it's kind of buggy right now. Wait for a patch or two. I lost most of my health upgrades and couldn't get them back. ._.

Meh, just defrag once. Especially in your case that you never uninstall games what you need is a defragger that lets you put all files from a game together. A lot of people are worried about (internal) file fragmentation when they should be worried about data fragmentation, i.e. who cares that you have 0 fragmented files when the game has to load its 100 files from 100 different locations on the drive instead of just one contiguous section?

Anyway, getting back to playing games. I've re-picked up where I left off in Dead Space, turns out the early part of the game is just a boring part. 0-grav walkabouts, shooting monsters in hallways venting atmosphere, cool upgrades made an appearance so I'm back on the saddle. It is still monster-closet city over here. And people complained about DOOM 3...

I've re-picked up where I left off in Dead Space, turns out the early part of the game is just a boring part. 0-grav walkabouts, shooting monsters in hallways venting atmosphere, cool upgrades made an appearance so I'm back on the saddle. It is still monster-closet city over here. And people complained about DOOM 3...

Haters gonna hate yo. :p I think you'll enjoy. :)

Lightmanek :)

I love his mixed Brittish/Polish accent :)

I never see anyone online. I got a game going with homer, recently, but other than that, no one from B3D is ever online. I was playing all day yesterday!

I never see anyone online. I got a game going with homer, recently, but other than that, no one from B3D is ever online. I was playing all day yesterday!

I played from yesterday 23:00 till 0:00

I mostly play from around 22:00 to 0:00 every day of the week now.
I just got up to Level 34 as I started a new character that got up to 15, but I got lazy.
Mostly playing a 24/7 Atacama server with anti-baserape measures.

I played from yesterday 23:00 till 0:00

I mostly play from around 22:00 to 0:00 every day of the week now.
I just got up to Level 34 as I started a new character that got up to 15, but I got lazy.
Mostly playing a 24/7 Atacama server with anti-baserape measures.

I used to love Atacama, but it, and Nelson Bay, are the sole reasons I disabled bloom. Bloom lighting on those two maps makes visibility nearly impossible, combined with the dust storms in Atacama and the reflection of the snow in Nelson.

Oasis, Panama Canal and Valparaiso are my new favorites.

Anyway, we need to get a game going again. Are you on Steam?

I used to love Atacama, but it, and Nelson Bay, are the sole reasons I disabled bloom. Bloom lighting on those two maps makes visibility nearly impossible, combined with the dust storms in Atacama and the reflection of the snow in Nelson.

Oasis, Panama Canal and Valparaiso are my new favorites.

Anyway, we need to get a game going again. Are you on Steam?

I am on Steam, user: neliz (whodathunkit?!) but have BC2 on Origin :/

I love Panama as well, maybe even better for C4 than Atacama, though Atacama is more a high speed map where the open space invites people to drive fast&blind :)

I am on Steam, user: neliz (whodathunkit?!) but have BC2 on Origin :/

I love Panama as well, maybe even better for C4 than Atacama, though Atacama is more a high speed map where the open space invites people to drive fast&blind :)

Invitation sent!

I have a boxed copy of BC2, so I have it imported as a "non-Steam game," anyway. We can still join through the BC2 friends list. I just wanted an excuse to grab your Steam moniker ;)

Invitation sent!

I have a boxed copy of BC2, so I have it imported as a "non-Steam game," anyway. We can still join through the BC2 friends list. I just wanted an excuse to grab your Steam moniker ;)

It's the guy with the huge AMD FX Unlocked logo as a profile pic :) I'm in the B3D group as well.

Space Pirates and Zombies... which is probably the most fun I've had in a while. Seriously impressive for a 2-man outfit. Recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back