What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played the demo of the first one. It's good ol' fashioned arcadey fun. It did that simplistic asskicking style, and it did it well. Not the best by any means, but still more than worth a purchase.

I need to buy the PC version still... I wonder how much it is on Steam?

Edit: Goddammit, outside my price range.

Forgot that I had Just Cause 2 in my steam game list and just started it. Not much game there so far per se...but it's very fun to just cause chaos :) Pretty cool so far. Also got Bit Trip Runner. Simple but fun.

My birthday is coming up next week and I asked my girlfriend for Mafia 2. For some reason, it never really appealed to me up until a few days ago, when I began watching videos for it. Crysis 2 comes out next week, and that crossed my mind, but I figured I'd spare my video card an untimely death and settle for something a little easier on the graphics. How is Mafia 2, anyway? I remember seeing screen shots for it in the SS thread, and it looked really good.

Mafia II is a good looking game and it runs okay if you keep the AA off (they use full on supersampling). I doubt Crysis 2 will be as hard on the GPU as the first one.

Mafia II is a good looking game and it runs okay if you keep the AA off (they use full on supersampling). I doubt Crysis 2 will be as hard on the GPU as the first one.

Crysis 2 has been confirmed, even in that leaky beta build to not run as slow as Crysis 1.

Crysis 1 was just not optimized worth a fuck.

Crysis 2 has been confirmed, even in that leaky beta build to not run as slow as Crysis 1.

Crysis 1 was just not optimized worth a fuck.

Well there's a big difference between Crysis 2 being designed with 4-6 core CPUs in mind and Crysis 1 being designed with 1 core in mind. It'd be interesting to see how well C2 runs on a single core CPU. I wouldn't be surprised if it was slower than Crysis 1 in that situation.

Have to remember that multi-threaded game developement didn't really exist (very few extremely primitive attempts) back when Crysis 1 started developement. That's one thing we, as PC gamers, can thank the current gen consoles for. It basically forced developers to concentrate on multhreaded game developement.

Regards,
SB

NWN2 Platinum. Steam has a $10 weekend sale, and despite owning all the discs I didn't mind spending the $10 to keep from having to feed those discs one at a time and then wait to patch it all up. Kind of amusing how well it runs today on my GTX 570 compared to the Radeon 1900 I was using back at the game's launch in late 2006, and still doesn't look too bad (cutscenes are kind of an eyesore, but the visuals during gameplay are bearable).

Well, I bought Mafia 2 and played it for about eleven minutes, before getting thoroughly bored with it. So I folded and bought Crysis 2. Only because I received an Antec Twelve Hundred tower for my birthday. I need a little instruction on cable management, because apparently I have none. It's a real mess in there. Are there any decent online guides for cable management?

Anyway, I actually really enjoy Crysis 2. It runs a lot smoother than the original, obviously, and personally I find it a lot more interesting than it's predecessor. I don't understand why people are griping about it's plot, when the first one's plot was one of it's weakest points. Outside of ridiculous amounts of post-processing effects with the Extreme setting enabled, I really can't tell the difference between Very High and Extreme. So, for performance's sake, I have Very High enabled, until a viable video configuration is released for me to tweak relentlessly.

Finally, I tried the Bulletstorm demo for approximately eleven seconds, and that number seems high, before falling asleep.

I view cable management as just common sense. Bundle cables together where possibly, bind them to parts of your case to keep them from the open area so as to maximise airflow?

today I picked up jedi outcast and raven sheild (had a cool silver box ive never seen before)
I allready own these but for £1 I cant say no
I also picked up rise of the argonauts for £1 it seems to be an rpg lite with average reviews

With a case as big as the 1200 cable management is more about aesthetics than anything else, when we had ribbon cables it mattered ... now, not so much.

I bought Mafia 2 on Steam, costed only 12.5 Euros.
I hope it is good?! I am not so much into open world stuff...but I thought that the price is oki doki

Ugh, I forgot how much MMO's are like crack cocaine to me. Most addictive substance in the world. I've wasted the past 2 weeks in Rift. It's not even what I would consider a great MMO. It's way too easy (like WoW) with limited appeal outside of achievement whoring and collecting things due to how ridiculously easy it is to get to the max level.

But it's a decent experience which is enough to trigger my MMO addiction. :p No other game genre can come close to sucking away my time like an MMO. Thankfully, as I mentioned like WoW it's extremely easy and extremely fast to do virtually all the content. I figure within 1 month I'll have seen everything the game offers and then I'll be able to ween myself off the game.

Shame that there are absolutely Zero challenging and great MMO's out right now or on the horizon. :(

Well, I bought Mafia 2 and played it for about eleven minutes, before getting thoroughly bored with it. So I folded and bought Crysis 2. Only because I received an Antec Twelve Hundred tower for my birthday. I need a little instruction on cable management, because apparently I have none. It's a real mess in there. Are there any decent online guides for cable management?

Doesn't the Antec Twelve Hundred allow for cable routing behind the MB tray? Ever since cases started doing that, cable management has been ridiculously easy. Even the limited space the Antec P183 has behind the MB tray is enough to keep cable clutter almost non-existent.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back