What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of god we need another tribes game! Not that crappy vengance stuff I mean a real tribes game!!!!!

Did you actually play Tribves Vengeance's multiplayer? It was classic Tribes at its best... fast, balanced, and with a focus on ranged battles. I loved/love it, a very worthy addition to the series. Though naturally I favour Tribes 2 over anything else :smile:

I was always a big fan of the Close Combat games. Is Company of Heroes more tactical like Close Combat, or does it fall more in line with C&C?

Oh C&C without a doubt. The closest anyone has ever come to a decent RTS like Close Combat is the origonal blitzkrieg series (1 + expansion packs, 2 sucked). Even then its still a far cry from Close Combat in the realism department, though a hell of a lot closer than Company of Heroes. I wasnt that amused with CoH. You could screw the AI up too on any difficulty with barricades because they wouldnt destroy them, though i assume this got fixed in a patch at some point. You dont value and treasure units in the same way either in CoH. CoH was just very pretty and ballanced well, but not nearly as tactical or strategic as the Close Combat series.

Well I guess I distrubed a few vengance fans. =-) Sorry!
I played all the tribes quite a bit. But I have to say IMHO T:V was not at all like t1 or t2. To me the maps were lacking, and the game play was kind of lacking too. Im not really sure why it didnt have that magical tribes appeal to me but it just didnt.
On that note-
Are there any other FPS-Z games comming up? Or a tribes 4 type thing that anyone has heard of?

mint! bookmarked :D

Doom3 again; slowly. it's just the morbidity which drags me back in.
was on a nostalgia tip (as ever) so:-
1nsane
PowerSlide
SODA Off-Road Racing. i could never get the demo of this to accelerate on my v2k with later drivers, although i thought it had done at one time. left me wondering whether it was only accelerated with v1k.
and lastly:
just started playing that Marathon: Resurrection remake of Marathon in mod form for UT

Damn. 1nsane Racing was sooo great. I also liked some of the motorcycle Madness games for the simple appreciation of offroad, free-to-roam fun. Why don't more games feature such fun suspensions and cliff jumping and all? Excite Truck for the Wii is pretty good in this regard, but it's far from an offroad romp. it just happens to feature dirt tracks. I feel this way about almost all of the rally games so far, too. wtf! i wanna get lost, jump off cliffs, and see a lot of suspension bouncing!

Hello Ladies. I am currently playing Overlord (PC), Jedi Academy (PC), Black (Xbox) & Banjo-Kazooie (N64).

Finished Overlord (PC). It wasn't bad, but it would have been a much better game with less grind. I'm talking about 15 hours of playtime instead of 20 - 25 hours. The gameplay just wasn't deep enough for the length. It is unfortunate that some devs listen to the "it was too short" whiners.

Ran pretty good on my overclocked 8500GT though. 1920x1200 with modified low detail settings (high textures, no normal maps, medium AF etc). I find this little card that could can pound out huge resolutions no problem as long as you don't throw too much shader work at it :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back