What are you looking forwards to for the rest of 2012?

Jesus, what are people doing in that game? At about 130 hours (which is perfectly fine with me) I had done just about everything. All guilds, all Daedric quests, dozens and dozens of regular quests, civil war quest line, main quest and a whole bunch of the largely pointless regenerating radiant quests. I'm also just about unstoppable at this point.

There's a good portion of those hours where I simply tried out new mods just to see what they could do.
Becoming a Thane in all cities and upgrading each house to the max takes lots of time, but I think it's mostly because I'm always trying to "clear" the Miscelaneous quests, which I found it's pretty much impossible.
I also do lots of trial and error in quests where I try to play like a ninja without ever being found out (meh, just because..).

Nonetheless, yeah I'm also unstoppable now at lvl 52 so that's why I'm just going forward with the main quest right now.

Risen 2 (though judging by the publisher's refusal to send us any sort of preview builds, my gut tells me it's not going to end up as something that's actually worth getting too excited about.)

Risen was such a disappointment to me.. why are people so hyped about Risen 2?

Risen 2 sounds far less open world than Risen and especially Gothics. There's probably a good reason they want to do lots of island hopping, and that's probably between acts. And not sure I would get into the whole pirate, gunpowder weapons etc. Hope they have a demo.

Jesus, what are people doing in that game? At about 130 hours (which is perfectly fine with me) I had done just about everything. All guilds, all Daedric quests, dozens and dozens of regular quests, civil war quest line, main quest and a whole bunch of the largely pointless regenerating radiant quests. I'm also just about unstoppable at this point.

Then I hear about people who sunk 400+ hours into a single character.

That would be me. I'm approaching 300 hours on my warrior. While I can't vouch for anyone else, I spend a great deal of time exploring. I rarely fast travel, in fact I think I've only done it twice. Also, I'm avoiding the main quest line. I haven't even beat the game yet. I'd like to see how many locations I can explore. Whenever I come across a dungeon, fort,cave, Dwemer ruin, whatever, I immediately explore it. And clear it. I also spent a lot of time tweaking video settings, which is why if you're friends with me on Steam, you see me stop and start playing rather frequently.

Yeah, that is one hell of a game I have been waiting for. I sunk alot of time in the original Half Life 1 MOD. Gameplay wise the game is becoming complete. Performance wise they still have a way to go. Performance at the moment is sub-par, which takes away from the fun, but they are improving it as we speak. They expect to at least double the performance before release.

Back