Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

The graphics were Ok, but I think the gameplay looks fun.
I'm not sure about the driving physics though... I guess that driving in these games always kind of sucks..
Is steam going to have it for preloading?
I'd like to be able to actually play it on the 27th. :)

Good thing Nvidia has been shorting consumers on RAM for ages :devilish:

Lots of very high end Nvidia cards will only have 2GB (forget the 580 and below).

Where did you see the reference for the PS4? They don't say what platform the game is for and the IQ is nothing like the shots we've seen in this thread.

It looks like a game from 2007. I'd say that's the PS3 version.

Where did you see the reference for the PS4? They don't say what platform the game is for and the IQ is nothing like the shots we've seen in this thread.

Would not be surprised at all if this was true.

Honestly the PR for this game has been nothing short of a dissaster.

I guess when you're Ubisoft and love to have thousands of people working on your projects it's easy to lose track and let everything become a mess.

But PS3 I am not buying - watched the stream on 1080p yesterday, and it seems very close to that resolution. No way that the PS3 could manage that or have some of those wall textures at that resolution.

The article where I found it , said it was ps4 footage. and there is wind in it, which I think the last gen systems lack. Does look bad :( but I am buying it, hope I don't regret it. I don't usually like open world stuff with the exception of FC3 and GTA V which I enjoyed a lot.

If i am not wrong I saw lack of AF on the road at the very beginning. Somehow MP footage looks much better. I might be wrong as I am viewing on my ipad as of now.

EDIT: JUst watched the X360 video above. The one I posted has to be ps4. thats not a ps3 for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
The multiplayer footage had a Alienware logo appear at one point. Surely that wouldn't be present on the PS4?

The game looks good to me, not as pretty as 2012, but still strong.

The multiplayer footage had a Alienware logo appear at one point. Surely that wouldn't be present on the PS4?

The game looks good to me, not as pretty as 2012, but still strong.

The thing is it only doesn´t look way worse than at E3 2012 BUT also way worse than at E3 2013 where presumibly it was shown running on a PS4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p16OgsvHEf0

Graphically ( and also mechanically in regards to driving ) it reminds me of Saints Row 2 too much. Far far away from the almost Samaritan level graphics they sold us.

By the way, why do developers insist on allowing aiming while in cover?. Don´t they realize it transforms the shooting in a boring shot the duck fest?. If you are in cover you can´t aim, you are only there hiding...TLOU nailed this.

Far far away from the almost Samaritan level graphics they sold us.

Wasn't the Samaritan demo Epic’s love letter to the console manufacturers as the amount of power they’d like in the ‘next-gen’?

I guess if Ubisoft had similar expectations then they’d also target that level of spec. So while we’re all pointing our fingers at the publishers and developers, is it actually possible that during the multiple hardware revisions for the systems, they got substantially downgraded since those trailers were shown?

I personally think the game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun and that's the most important thing here.

Wasn't the Samaritan demo Epic’s love letter to the console manufacturers as the amount of power they’d like in the ‘next-gen’?

I guess if Ubisoft had similar expectations then they’d also target that level of spec. So while we’re all pointing our fingers at the publishers and developers, is it actually possible that during the multiple hardware revisions for the systems, they got substantially downgraded since those trailers were shown?

After seeing Infamous SS (and the latest Drive Club video) i am convinced we will be shocked with ND next game. So, more than a subject about power i think here we have a mismanagement problem whose first clue is a severe problem with the lighting engine in the game.

PS: DC latest video by the way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tukq2e17sw&feature=youtu.be

After seeing Infamous SS (and the latest Drive Club video) i am convinced we will be shocked with ND next game. So, more than a subject about power i think here we have a mismanagement problem whose first clue is a severe problem with the lighting engine in the game.

PS: DC latest video by the way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tukq2e17sw&feature=youtu.be

I:SS was great too, but that game wasn't doing nearly as much as Watch Dogs. WG has dynamic time of day, real-time reflections, vehicle physics, multiplayer included within a single player game. It just has more of everything.

I always thought that I:SS looked good in the screens and videos before it came out, but it wasn’t until I played that game on my TV that I realised how incredible the visuals are. I’m fairly sure that’s going to be true of Watch Dogs too. Even if I completely agree that it’s had a big downgrade over the years.

PC version screen shots at 4K, lighting is an epic failure.
http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...from-final-version-captured-at-4k-resolution/

PS4 footage !
Yes these are PS4 footage.

Good thing Nvidia has been shorting consumers on RAM for ages :devilish:

Lots of very high end Nvidia cards will only have 2GB (forget the 580 and below).
Yes, this has been the trend, Titanfall, Theif, Wolfenstein, DayLight, Ghosts .. etc, 3GB is the standard right now.

Back