Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

Does the next gen versions of watch dogs use global illumantion? While it doesn't look as good as the original reveal it still looks mighty nice.

On PS4 it does have GI, cos one can see reflected light on ceilings or under bridges when the sunlight falls at oblong angles. looks very cool, but seems like its only for the sun.

The game has great X360 controller support on PC, so don't base your decision on that. In fact it will instantly change all the on-screen button prompts from gamepad to kb/m as soon as you switch. So there is no reason to not get it on PC if your PC is better than PS4. You just wont be able to run Ultra textures if your GPU has less than 3GB GDDR5. However the consoles oddly don't run Ultra textures either, even the PS4 with its 8GB GDDR5.

this game have horrible mouse acceleration, especially in turning view/camera.

i think WD much better played with gamepad.

Driving combined with third person I'll definitely be playing this with gamepad on PC.

this game have horrible mouse acceleration, especially in turning view/camera.

i think WD much better played with gamepad.
It also has a horribly large dead zone on the controller when driving which is why the driving is so twitchy.

Which platform should I get this for, mouse keyboard an advantage?
Analogue control for stealth is essential imo. I can't imagine the driving's too great without it either.

i hope lots of WD problems attract lots of mmodders to fix them...

the game is good but destroyed by countless little problems and repetition

The rain and the extra shadows are much appreciated. Everything else reminds me of bad Skyrim Enbs, though.

"More Pedestrians on the Streets" reminds you of bad Skyrim ENBs?

BTW, why is this being discussed in the console forum when there's a thread for this game on PC?

I just started playing this game and it's fun so far..I enjoy stealth type games. I haven't played much though only reaching the part where I get the car. Looking forward to the daytime scenes. Controls are similar to Ghost Recon FS. I'm playing the X360 version even though I also have the X1 version too.

I just started playing this game and it's fun so far..I enjoy stealth type games. I haven't played much though only reaching the part where I get the car. Looking forward to the daytime scenes. Controls are similar to Ghost Recon FS. I'm playing the X360 version even though I also have the X1 version too.

Just started playing as well, currently the PC (thanks to a 30 euro key).. so far i am pleasantly surprised. I think the world is pretty nice, lots of stuff going on, though it does feel a tiny bit dead compared to GTA5

Car control sucks on the keyboard (360 controllers incoming) but nice to aim with the mouse..

As a million others have said, night time looks great, daytime a bit boring. Playing on my ASUS Laptop (670MX) and 1920 is not really an option, thinking about getting it used on the PS4, but will have to test how my GTX680 handles it..

TLDR; better than expected...!

Try out the carmegeddon mini game in the phone(in the game) under Digital Trips. Its a LOT of fun :) ! The game keeps you a lot busy outside the storyline. Also, Gang Hideouts are the most fun, but remember to be sneaky !

Back