Sindress
Scuzzlebutt33
suzukastar
AnthonyNPutson
Jaeyden
x-QUACK-x

To be invited -

PeterJensen

Ups, my game nick is "refsgaard" :) Looking forward to the invite.

Anyone got any tips for circle-strafing with a PS3 controller? Either that or can I hook a BT keyboard and mouse to this thing? :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/19/warhawk-v11-patch-and-arbiters/

Server-side updates
* Stat database stability improvements
* Improved server stability
* Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
* Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
* “Time-in-Vehicle” Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.

Client-side updates for Patch v1.1
* Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
* Significantly improved client connection stability
* Quad “????” Ping display bug fixed.
* Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
* Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
* Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.

...plus in-game moderators. Looks like it's finally time for me to open my Warhawk box :p

Finally ! As great as the game is, a patch was badly needed. I saw hint that it`s coming yesterday the game was checking for updates, I think it`s never done that before...

Ok, so it's a server-selection system ?

A matchmaking system like Resistance would be great. If Incognito go for it, they will have to build and operate a centralized database to collate all the player stats from distributed servers all over the world.

Ok, so it's a server-selection system ?
Yes
A matchmaking system like Resistance would be great. If Incognito go for it, they will have to build and operate a centralized database to collate all the player stats from distributed servers all over the world.

They already track stats.

But I personally don't care much about the quality of the matchmaking. Even purely random would be better. My bigger issue is with the trouble of going trough a server list, trying to find a suitable game, connecting games that are already started etc. It's bearable when done rarely, like when you're after some specific gameplay variant, or just want to connect to a buddy, but for the most part some certain other game spoiled me.

For Warhawk or other p2p games, the issue is even worse as server list changes more frequently, and not all player servers are pleasant to play on. For PC like dedicated servers, it's a little better, since you can simply have favorites and connect them. So Incognito rolling out a PC server software may be nice. But eventually, there is nothing like matchmaking on dedicated servers (ala ...).

They already track stats.

But I personally don't care much about the quality of the matchmaking. Even purely random would be better.

Hmm... without a good matchmaking system, the experience may be bad for newcomers like me. I have not played the game, so I can't judge. But if it's similar to Resistance's deep gameplay where skills can evolve over extended period, then good matchmaking is critical. I will exit the scene if I keep getting slaughtered at 64 deaths vs 10 kills, or 24 deaths vs 3 kill. Some of them are that good.

My bigger issue is with the trouble of going trough a server list, trying to find a suitable game, connecting games that are already started etc. It's bearable when done rarely, like when you're after some specific gameplay variant, or just want to connect to a buddy, but for the most part some certain other game spoiled me.

For Warhawk or other p2p games, the issue is even worse as server list changes more frequently, and not all player servers are pleasant to play on. For PC like dedicated servers, it's a little better, since you can simply have favorites and connect them. So Incognito rolling out a PC server software may be nice. But eventually, there is nothing like matchmaking on dedicated servers (ala ...).

I can feel your pain. They should do something about it and roll that feature into PS Home. I was really happy to hear about the new Warhawk patch. Hopefully they continue to take a crack at it.

Someone bashed into the GAF Resistance thread the other day, and demanded that Insomniac implement a server listing (instead of matchmaking). I am just surprised that someone still prefer the time-consuming, manual way. If people want control, the better way is probably to allow users to search/specify their preferred game types (Lazy people like me will just take the default, which is "anything goes").

Hmm... without a good matchmaking system, the experience may be bad for newcomers like me. I have not played the game, so I can't judge. But if it's similar to Resistance's deep gameplay where skills can evolve over extended period, then good matchmaking is critical. I will exit the scene if I keep getting slaughtered at 64 deaths vs 10 kills, or 24 deaths vs 3 kill. Some of them are that good.

I can feel your pain. They should do something about it and roll that feature into PS Home. I was really happy to hear about the new Warhawk patch. Hopefully they continue to take a crack at it.

Someone bashed into the GAF Resistance thread the other day, and demanded that Insomniac implement a server listing (instead of matchmaking). I am just surprised that someone still prefer the time-consuming, manual way. If people want control, the better way is probably to allow users to search/specify their preferred game types (Lazy people like me will just take the default, which is "anything goes").

Patsu you'll be fine. You don't have to be as skilled as Resistance. I am a major beginner at these type of games - and I jumped in here, learnt the maps and mechanics and it's fine. Try find friends (like us) and do team deathmatch etc and not deathmatch :)

Does any bluetooth headset work with the game or does it have to be the Jabra headset?

The headset I have is this one.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/HKernel/HS850_Headset_detail.asp

ANy bluetooth headset that will link with your ps3. Try it.

Someone bashed into the GAF Resistance thread the other day, and demanded that Insomniac implement a server listing (instead of matchmaking). I am just surprised that someone still prefer the time-consuming, manual way.
Yeah, there are still some people who prefer manual search, but I'm not sure I understand why he complained, Resistance supports it for unranked matches which makes more sense compared to ranked ones.

After patch 1.1 this is what patch 1.2 will have

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/22/warhawk-v12-patch/

Patch v1.2 includes:
* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

yay DS3 support. BTW, how long does it take to update stats?

A while. I'm still annoyed. I won 10 games last night, coming first and second in TDM...and those haven't updated. I don't normally worry, but my games today (some of which i lost) HAVE updated. Difference was that I was playing EU yesterday, and American serves today. I'm slightly pissed off.

How do you get missles to lock on? I have been tailing warhawks and hoping some kind of lock on indicator comes on, but that doesn't work.

How do you get missles to lock on? I have been tailing warhawks and hoping some kind of lock on indicator comes on, but that doesn't work.

don't you just hold the alt fire button until you get a lock?

Figured out how to learn console fps-style controls! Buy Resistance Fall of Man and Ghost Recon. Not my favorite types of games but similar controls for someone who grew up on keyboard/mouse and I'm getting the hang of it slowly. Be nice if Warhawk had a 1P mode to learn this controller thing :)

Back