Warhawk discussion*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6bqxEzdEg

Made a little vid, sorry the quality sucks.
Been flying with Proflight off and motion sensing off. Riding the power slide the majority of the time seems to stabilize the aiming reticle so you can lock on while adjusting the pitch and yaw of the Warhawk. You pretty much fly the whole time with L2, R2 and L1 held down. This might help with that "possesion" your talking about Patsu.

Thanks for the advice. I will try it later this week.

That's some great flight control in the video. Warhawk planes seem very light and free. Lair's dragon carries more weight and I can't do acrobatics with it (Actually I haven't tried to do any roll because the game always throw enemies at me. So I had to rush from point to point to save the situation, like in an RTS).

It's kinda neat to see both flight games behave so differently.

R&C's flight is more like Lair's, but of course the latter has a lot more moves to execute mid-flight.

I think we ended up winning that match. Anyway, happy to help anyway I can. :smile:

You won it J. I don't know if you saw, I kept being on different sides, that's cause I was disconnecting and joining again. Maybe I'll be able to show I'm worthy of Captain status soon...but next time I'm on, I'll promote you.

Managed to get a KDR of 3 the other day. But as I share my PS3 with a slightly more gung ho colleague that was soon obliterated.

Anybody tried surfing a warhawk yet? Sitting on the wing with a sniper rifle is great fun!!

Managed to get a KDR of 3 the other day. But as I share my PS3 with a slightly more gung ho colleague that was soon obliterated.

Anybody tried surfing a warhawk yet? Sitting on the wing with a sniper rifle is great fun!!

Well done. I got a kdr of 15 the other day. But more impressive i think was my 40 kills to 6deaths hte other day ;) Great fun.

I've seen it done with people trying to nick the flag...I can deal with that quite easily with some mines though :)

I think we ended up winning that match. Anyway, happy to help anyway I can. :smile:

I was under the false impression that there could be more than one leader. Now I've made you leader, I can no longer do my administrative duties lol. So I'd appreciate if you could make me the leader again :p Thanks

I installed the patch this morning around 10 MST. I logged on and my rank was the same as it was last night (Brig General I think). I did however see the new option under Create Game to host Ranked player matches.

What's the latesst status on the beyond3d clan?

Is there still room left to join? :D Got Warhawk two weeks ago and am feeling fit enough to join a clan.

Cheers Phil

What's the latesst status on the beyond3d clan?

Is there still room left to join? :D Got Warhawk two weeks ago and am feeling fit enough to join a clan.

Cheers Phil

Damn, I feel like a slacker now. I got it over 1+ month ago >_<

Wanted to host some Warhawk games from this spiffy network but they wouldn't allow me to (There is plenty of bandwidth left). Bah...

Ok everybody. I'm really ready to lead you all in some clan battles. I think Jaeyden is ready to be second in command....and I think we should really try to go for it.

Generally I think we might be able to win. I'm finishing in the top 3 in almost every match, my KDR is 1.48 and the wins are coming along. We should do this, who's up for it!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I should be on, on the weekend. Have you added me deepbrown? If yes, I'll be happy to join in on the weekend. I think I more or less have the play mechanics under control, though I still have a lot to learn with the stages (where everything is etc). Should still be good fun though. :)

I should be on, on the weekend. Have you added me deepbrown? If yes, I'll be happy to join in on the weekend. I think I more or less have the play mechanics under control, though I still have a lot to learn with the stages (where everything is etc). Should still be good fun though. :)

I'll add you later hopefully.

Back