Wanting to learn CAD

Hello All,

I am teaching myself CAD. It just takes way too long to draw things with pencil and paper. I told myself that I had to go though a basic training module for my old TurboCAD Designer v8 before I would let myself upgrade. Well, that is done. I think I will go though it 3 to 4 more times, to get it into my head but I am looking for a newer program that has some cool training modules.

At first I was looking at a newer TurboCAD v9 to v10. IMSI has what appears to be very good training CDs that they also sell. As I got looking around, they also sell a DesignCAD 3D Max v15. From the new info I bumped into, it looks like it is more up my alley. As it is also an IMSI program, they have some training modules for it too.

Does anyone here use either TurboCAD or DesignCAD? Have any thoughts?

Too many ideas, not enough time,
Dr. Ffreeze

www.drffreeze.net

I've always liked DesignCAD for flexibility, but AutoCAD is the only way to be mainstream competent. Not terribly different I suppose until you get into 3D stuff...well, except that DesignCAD is a fraction of the cost. Never used TurboCAD.

All,

I just picked up DesignCAD 3D MAX v15 and the first training CD for $84. This is mostly for myself, but if I get good at it, I will pick up a copy for use at work. I make simple things for our lab, but it would be nice not to use pencil and paper. I have no real reason to get AutoCAD as it is $900 and this is just for personal use. =)

Back