Viva Pinata!

You'll start by attracting a single worm, and then you might attract a second worm, after which you can introduce them to each other. If they like each other, they'll pair up and do a kind of mating dance (really), though just to be clear, piñatas don't make love.

hahahahah....:D

scooby_dooby said:
I have a feeling I might like this game....but it's gonne be my dirty little secret...sshhhh!
sshhhh is going to be your dirty little secret? Sounds naughty.

Seriously, my sister is already hooked. Looks like the fam has to get a 360 now. :D

scooby_dooby said:
I don't know if I'd here the end of it if my boys caught me playin this.... :LOL:

Play it in your quiet moments... oops! Live will tell anyone that looks at your gamercard that you play Viva Pinata! LOL. You can hide the box but you cant hide from LIVE! :D

blakjedi said:
Play it in your quiet moments... oops! Live will tell anyone that looks at your gamercard that you play Viva Pinata! LOL. You can hide the box but you cant hide from LIVE! :D

:D

"He sees you when youre sleeping
He knows when youre awake
He knows if youve been bad or good.."

We're talking about uncle Billy G of course!

NucNavST3 said:
The trick is to make something sound funny to kids, with it going right over their heads(eg Madagascar and S-H-I-T), I don't know if you are out of touch or you just haven't paid attention to animated movies and cartoons in a long time. Its not like we didn't find these same instances in tom and jerry and anything bugs bunny, every "kids" movie I can remember had something that was directed towards adults, this is no different.

Ya the best children's cartoon's always have lots of little inside/mature jokes for the parents. I remember one time on a road trip with my dad when I like 5, we listened to these winnie the pooh tapes for weeks, he says now that he didn't mind at all because it was loaded with jokes for adults that just went completely over my head.

That's what you have to try and hit, that balance, i think Shrek is an example of a movie that pulls it off very well.

This game is going to be huge...I don't even know what the heck a Trozoi or Trozei or whatever the latest Pokemon is called, but I know what the heck a Pinata is. The game is beautiful, the ideas are great, the execution looks good, I don't know what else you could complain about. I am curious to see what other next gen games Rare has up their sleeves, if they all look as good as this one we will be in for a nice comeback. Kameo was underrated as well, for a project that was re-written from Xbox 1 code in a few months it looked pretty darn good.

expletive said:
Unless this is something like Spongebob, where it appeals to kids and adults as well, i dont see whos going to buy this. Youre aiming at a younger demographic, and thats fine. However, in order for them to take advantage of the video game tie-in they need to shell out $300 for a core, $30 for a memory stick, have broadband, and $50 for the game(going by PD0, Kameo pricing). SO its $400 plus broadband access to buy something your 8 year would will play? Its not like the 360 has awhole library of content for that age group already to justify the purchase of the hardware. Even if MS drops the price of the core by $50 this year thats still $350.

This may come as a shock to you, but most video gamers are adults, and a lot of adults have kids, thus, chances are high that Dad will be in the market for a video gaming system for himself anyways, and would buy something like Viva Pinata for his kids.

Powderkeg said:
This may come as a shock to you, but most video gamers are adults, and a lot of adults have kids, thus, chances are high that Dad will be in the market for a video gaming system for himself anyways, and would buy something like Viva Pinata for his kids.

Being a 33 year-old Dad with 3 boys of my own, i'm not surprised at all. :)

I understand your point, but at some point, to hit the mainstream, you have to get the mom to buy a console for her kids. I just dont know if this game does it at this point in the 360s lifecycle, mostly because of the console's pricing. Not to say it isnt worth building a library of quality content that is accessible to a more general audience, just that i'm not sure if THIS game is going ot have the impact theyre telling us it will.

expletive said:
Being a 33 year-old Dad with 3 boys of my own, i'm not surprised at all. :)

I understand your point, but at some point, to hit the mainstream, you have to get the mom to buy a console for her kids. I just dont know if this game does it at this point in the 360s lifecycle, mostly because of the console's pricing. Not to say it isnt worth building a library of quality content that is accessible to a more general audience, just that i'm not sure if THIS game is going ot have the impact theyre telling us it will.

I don't think any single game will be the ultimate family friendly savior, but you've got to start somewhere.

And you just never know when it comes to the kids market. Remember not too far back how popular those ugly little Cabbage Patch dolls were? Same company is handling Viva Pinata.

I mean, sure, to us it looks really "iffy" but you just never know. We could be looking at the next Elmo, Barney, or Telletubbies. And never underestimate how far a parent will go to make their kid happy at Christmas time. $1,000 for a Tickle-Me Elmo anyone?

Back