Best and worse 3 games of all time

"Worst" seems like an impossibly broad criteria to ever approach. Worst games I've played for a significant amount of time maybe? Either way nothing coming to mind, I would have to think about it a lot more?

It isn't like I havent played lots of games that weren't fun, in fact my whole gaming career I've found the hobby far more full of misses than hits. I'm similar with music, I like maybe 1/10 songs. Probably a similar ratio with video games that I actually enjoy being few and far between. In fact until Destiny I'd probably put quite a small amount of time actually playing games vs time discussing them on internet message boards.

Best, hmm more intriguing. Best 3 is pretty narrow. Might look something like (no order):

Final Fantasy 1: NES-Maybe never had as much fun as this, got it over Christmas break and just mainlined it with my brother over the next ten days til completion. The last good FF game IMO. After this they became movies not games.
Destiny 1/2 -Probably played these 100X more than any other game by now. At times after all this time can be boring and tedious. However surely for the first weeks was a life changing experience. The D1 orbit music on YT almost bring tears to my eyes.
Streetfighter 2 (various incarnations) Life altering as well. I never knew a video game could be so deep or about skill. Graphics and animation somehow more amazing for that time than the sum of their parts. And the arcade scene was a big part of it.

I guess that seems like a safe list?

Honorable mentions: Half Life (PC), Unreal Tournament (PC), Gauntlet (Arcade/NES) Ms Pac Man (Arcade), Metal Gear 1 (NES), Halo CE (Xbox), Mickey Castle of Illusion (Genesis), Kings Bounty (Genesis) Avengers (Arcade), Link to the Past (SNES), Mario Bros (NES)
I used to like a ton of games. I like very few games these days because developers have gotten worse as this new generation of young people are completely devoid of talent and sense. As they take more and more lead roles game quality just sinks.

Awww why the hate? It's still my most beloved MMO ever and where I met my wife.

Congrats on that marriage at least :)
When it released it was utter POS and it was just not fun (for me)
And in hindsight, not sure MMO is my cup of tea really.

I used to like a ton of games. I like very few games these days because developers have gotten worse as this new generation of young people are completely devoid of talent and sense. As they take more and more lead roles game quality just sinks.

That sounds a bit black and white. Games today, imo, are made to the same template as movies. Player tests and mainstream and ROI. Which means it pushes out very bland stuff usually or at least known concepts and mechanics.
Basically it has become a very serious business with megabucks and I am in awe in every game that releases, the project management involved in getting something like that done, is very very admirable in my book. On top of that it should be fun, not many project management books has chapters about the end result fun :D

That sounds a bit black and white. Games today, imo, are made to the same template as movies. Player tests and mainstream and ROI. Which means it pushes out very bland stuff usually or at least known concepts and mechanics.
Basically it has become a very serious business with megabucks and I am in awe in every game that releases, the project management involved in getting something like that done, is very very admirable in my book. On top of that it should be fun, not many project management books has chapters about the end result fun :D
It is a bit black and white but the trend is very real. Movie like games are fine, that’s not the issue. Titles like TLOU and Uncharted are fantastic. Good design is good design regardless of the game’s intent to be cinematic or not. When I look at all the games I consider to be top tier over the last several years, none of them have team leads that are young.

It is a bit black and white but the trend is very real. Movie like games are fine, that’s not the issue. Titles like TLOU and Uncharted are fantastic. Good design is good design regardless of the game’s intent to be cinematic or not. When I look at all the games I consider to be top tier over the last several years, none of them have team leads that are young.
In what industry do you get to be the lead of 100M projects without significant experience? Btw, what is young in this discussion?
15? 25? 40?

Too many games got ridiculously complex item management. It used to limited to mmo games. But now even shooters like back 4 blood have ridiculously complex item management.

I am pretty sure I ve played worse games but I cant believe what they did with Devil May Cry 2.
It is incomprehensible. One of the worst games I ve ever played. Broken gameplay and camera.
Also the acting, story and characters. Utter disgrace.
They had such an amazing formula with the original game and they threw everything away in the sequel.
I am sure it wasnt developed by Capcom and it was instead outsourced.

Just remembered Bubsy 3D.
Such an annoying game. Its as if it was making fool of itself for being 3D

Best:

1. Lord of the Rings Online
2. Halo CE
3. Lemmings
4. Panzer Dragoon Saga

Worst:

1. Resident Evil
2. Metal Gear Solid 2
3. Doom
4. GTA 3