Vista rant ---- MS must dump it...

yes I hope it's slow because of the crapware, like those cheap OEMs with XP.. if you service friend's computers you probably wiped such crappy installs full of nortons and roxio easy CD creators and "recovery partition" etc. and put a warez XP pro instead.
Even with 1GB ram such XP install tend to be slow (well, especially on a laptop with 4200 rpm HDD).

as for you people wanting a slow OS to feel good about your latest hardware purchase.. haha are you grateful for $90 oil if you've just bought an efficient car? or do you think your new car should perform like a dog and do 20 mpg because it's got air conditionning, parking radar, GPS etc.

Vista is a dog with less than 2 gigs of RAM, in my experience... Crazy as that sounds.

It was that way on my laptop...until I removed Norton Corporate. It was murdering the performance.

Now it runs very well on 1GB, and even starts up quickly.

as for you people wanting a slow OS to feel good about your latest hardware purchase.. haha are you grateful for $90 oil if you've just bought an efficient car? or do you think your new car should perform like a dog and do 20 mpg because it's got air conditionning, parking radar, GPS etc.

Red herring. Those features in a car are orthagonal to performance of the engine. Where as performance of applications on a computer have a positive relationship with the hardware (all other things being equal). Nice try though. ;)

Back