Visiting Germany in August

My girlfriend and I will be in Munich for two days in August. Any places I should visit? What about Accommodation, Food, transportation etc.

Anyone with some suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can always go to Stuttgart, visit the Heckler & Koch factory, even though they don't do tours anymore. Go to the Porsche factory. They also have some sweet castles/markets in the area. They also have the worlds largest TV tower, cement I think.

If you are in any way interested in science/tech, visit the Deutsche Museum. You won't have time for much else. :)

And seriously, Stuttgart? Nothing against it, but Munich's nice enough, no need to waste the short time by driving around for hours...and if it has to be Stuttgart, the Mercedes Museum is far better than the Porsche one anyway. :p

And seriously, Stuttgart? Nothing against it, but Munich's nice enough, no need to waste the short time by driving around for hours...and if it has to be Stuttgart, the Mercedes Museum is far better than the Porsche one anyway. :p
I thought the Porsche museum was a bit disappointing, though it was many years ago that I visited it. Does Munich still have the BMW museum? I thought that was much better and there is an excellent 360 degree view from one of the church towers (can't remember the name) but be warned that the climb up the stairs is a good workout.

Yes you can stay with XXX ;)

Actually he could since I have enough room for guests, but it's not a very interesting area where I live (though there are really some people out there falsely thinking that Stuttgart might be interesting). There are Porsche and Daimler museums and lots of industry-related stuff here, but other than that it's gray in gray.

Anyway u.s., you're welcome should you be nearby. It's just a 2 - 2.5 hour drive from Munich to Stuttgart (or like 5 hours in the rush hour).

Simon F: Porsche built a brand new museum just 2-3 years ago, way better than the old one: http://www.porsche.com/international/aboutporsche/porschemuseum/theproject/architecture/

And in Daimler museum you can see a huge vortex being created live etc., also quite nice.

Though visiting museums is not what I understand as vacation, but that's individual :)

Actually he could since I have enough room for guests, but it's not a very interesting area where I live (though there are really some people out there falsely thinking that Stuttgart might be interesting).
When you love Heckler & Koch and had the opportunity to tour their facilities, Stuttgart is heaven. Was there for 3 days and found some other interesting things to do, which I had mentioned. Of course Stuttgart isn't interesting if you live there, just like everyone thinks there is nothing to do in their hometown/state.

Back