VIA to Launch Another "Paper" GPU This Year?

Testiculus Giganticus said:
Returning to the initial question, I think that all of you should have in mind that the vast majority of S3`s best people left before/after the graphics division was bought by VIA, so chances are that these new chips have little in comon with S3`s ancient attempts. The only thing that links them is S3`s old roadmap, that seems to be followed by Via to a certain extent. On a side note, people, would you please CHILL!!

Agreed! May common sense prevail. :LOL:

OVERLORD said:
Now that you're answering S3's cause. How about answering a few questions.

What became of the Z400 & Z600 projects that were rumored. Did they ever get T&L fully operational? Why no DDR parts?
Why are you asking me? I don't work at S3 anymore. Neither does hax, Dio, andypski, or a couple others. Maybe you should talk to someone who works at S3?

wow you guys been in the business for a while. I still remember trying to get a Savage2000 working on a Via 693 mobo LOL it never worked at all. :(

iro of performance my S4 was as fast in UT, QIIIA, Kingpin and Expendable IIRC at 800x600 as my V3 I got to replace it was at 1024x768. Cant remember how Glide v MeTaL ended up, of course IQ wise S4 won hands down.

Back