USA PSP RELEASE DATE (24th march)with only Value Pack ?

Wow, PSP sales just get better and better...? :oops:

But shouldn't PSP's sales for the year be higher? Or did it actually go on sale just after christmas in 2004 when it sold it's few hundred thousand shipment :?:

cthellis42 said:
Hrm... Why is it that the Top 10 chart and the Dengeki chart don't line up for that week?

As far as I know Dengeki uses less data and is therefore faster available than the Famitsu numbers. Maybe it has sg to do with that :?

Phil said:

But shouldn't PSP's sales for the year be higher? Or did it actually go on sale just after christmas in 2004 when it sold it's few hundred thousand shipment :?:

Nintendo DS sales could suffer from a lack of shipments.

Don't forget Nintendo initially intended to sell 4 million units, and not the 6 million units they now expect to sell at the end of their fiscal year in March 2005. That's 2 million units more they have to produce (they started in January with an increase in production, so the sales impact might only be in February).

Also, Nintendo is preparing for the European launch (with a whopping 1 million units), so I suspect most of the production is dedicated to Europe at the moment.

Phil said:

The numbers they show you there are only 2005's, so they don't show you what units were sold in December. (Which is approximately 510K for the PSP and 1495K for the DS.)

i bet that's a filler date, to earn some preorder money.

the later it arrives in EU the more psps i can sell over here imported :devilish:

hey69 said:
i bet that's a filler date, to earn some preorder money.
Yeah, I wouldn't put anything much behind it until there's an official announcement. Retailers just feel the need to put SOMEthing up. Games or hardware, though... They're frequently off, just hopping from one "far away date" to another until final word hits.

New figures available for 31/1 - 6/2

PlayStation Portable 48,781
PlayStation 2 47,963
Nintendo DS 29,552
GameBoy Advance SP 13,459
GameCube 6,922
GameBoy Advance 411
Xbox 388

Nintendo has cut the PSPs sales lead from ~29k to ~19k so Nintendo aren't doing too badly.

Why aren't many people buying games for their PSPs? There still aren't any PSPs games in the Top 10 chart.

Back