USA PSP RELEASE DATE (24th march)with only Value Pack ?

mattredd said:
New figures available for 31/1 - 6/2

PlayStation Portable 48,781
PlayStation 2 47,963
Nintendo DS 29,552
GameBoy Advance SP 13,459
GameCube 6,922
GameBoy Advance 411
Xbox 388

Nintendo has cut the PSPs sales lead from ~29k to ~19k so Nintendo aren't doing too badly.

Why aren't many people buying games for their PSPs? There still aren't any PSPs games in the Top 10 chart.

there aren't that much good games available me guesses. outside ridgeracers and mina no golf.. march will briong some cool games

Could it be Nintendo DS sales are suffering from a shortage of new titles? January and February were pretty weak release months, especially in North-America. I am interested to see wether sales improve due to a more steady flow of new titles or not. ;)

mattredd said:
New figures available for 31/1 - 6/2

PlayStation Portable 48,781
PlayStation 2 47,963
Nintendo DS 29,552
GameBoy Advance SP 13,459
GameCube 6,922
GameBoy Advance 411
Xbox 388

Nintendo has cut the PSPs sales lead from ~29k to ~19k so Nintendo aren't doing too badly.

Why aren't many people buying games for their PSPs? There still aren't any PSPs games in the Top 10 chart.

Conspiracy? No... :LOL: Really though, can someone do the math and see if its even possible for a PSP game not to be in the top10 unless people aren’t buying any games?

They don't have the unit volume right now to sustain sales in the Top 10. Certainly a good game will pop up the first week or two it's out, but after that point it's just going to get overshadowed by the huge installed bases of the PS2 or GBA, which also have a larger quantity of new releases to bring in the more focused sales.

Software sales for the DS and PSP have been a lot more sluggish than I expected in Japan, actually. And if you balance their sales against their installed base, it they're fairly even. (I did the math a few weeks ago with the only titles I could see on any of the "top anything" charts, which amounted to three DS titles and six PSP titles. In general the DS titles were more focused on theri notable 1st party releases: Mario, Wario and Pokemon (and now Yoshi), while the PSP software sales were more spread out, but at equivalent totals when balanced against the hardware.

Sadly I can't see the full picture, but on the whole I'm none too impressed with either of them. In Japan of all places, too! I thought their fascination with cool tech and small, portable devices knew no bounds. ;)

Back