Upcoming case: Thermaltake level 10

Looks pretty sweet IMO. Not that I'd ever buy a case that big (who needs 6 HDs anyways?) but maybe after I'm out of uni I'd look for something along those lines.

I think they put that many HD's in there because what else are you going to put in that space? And if you want RAID, you could use that many slots. I've got a standard midi-tower (Antec 300) and that's got six 3 1/2 inch drive bays down the front even though I've only got a couple filled. Helps with the ventilation too if you have a mesh front.

I'd love to see what the inside layout looks like and how it's all cooled/ventilated. It's design brief was to separate out all the components, so the normal "one airflow through the case" may not apply. There do seem to be some ventilation grilles and heat dissipating structures in there, though the whole case may be designed to act like a heatsink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty sweet IMO. Not that I'd ever buy a case that big (who needs 6 HDs anyways?) but maybe after I'm out of uni I'd look for something along those lines.
I'm running 6 HDDs right now, and it's not RAID.

I am thinking about replacing two of them because they are small (one 250 GB and one 320 GB).

I don't think it's that large. Looking at the drive bays, I think it's actually somewhere between a mid-tower and a full tower, so it's kind of a large mid-tower. I quite like it. It looks like some piece of industrial machinery, rather than a beige plastic box. If Ellen Ripley and some marines brought a PC to a LAN party, this is what they would bring.

I've always figured that if somebody owns a huge case they're probably compensating for something.

Cripes. What does my case say about me then? :smile:

LC19B-3-4.jpg

Cripes. What does my case say about me then? :smile:

LC19B-3-4.jpg

Funny I have that exact same one, expensive but worth every penny. I'm using a slim slot load DVD drive in it as the tray models gets their tray doors stuck at the top edge and can't fully eject. Did you have the same problem?

Sorry for highjacking the thread.

Back