Unreal Tournament 07 for X360?

Hardknock said:
Exactly. Why would Epic and MS want this game and GoW releasing at the same time on the 360? UTk7 would obviously canabalize some of the sales of GoW. It would be better to make it a PS3 launch window game (with the increased exposure because of it) and then release an updated version for the 360 in the spring...

Just seems to make more business sense.

Would't it be funny if Sony counters GOW with UT2007..?

3roxor said:
Would't it be funny if Sony counters GOW with UT2007..?

I'm betting that's what Sony is attempting. When you think about it what other FPS on the PS3 even comes close to GoW graphically besides UTk7?

Hardknock said:
I'm betting that's what Sony is attempting. When you think about it what other FPS on the PS3 even comes close to GoW graphically besides UTk7?

Resistance. Running @ 60fps in 1080p addresses me much more than a game hardly reaching 30fps with lots of framedrops like GoW.

And you're entitled to your opinion. :) Personally I don't find Resistance impressive. And hey can you point me to where it's been confirmed 60fps and 1080p?

@Hey69 I'm obviously refering to launch games, what shooting game do you think would compete with GoW graphically?

Hardknock said:
And you're entitled to your opinion. :) Personally I don't find Resistance impressive. And hey can you point me to where it's been confirmed 60fps and 1080p?

@Hey69 I'm obviously refering to launch games, what shooting game do you think would compete with GoW graphically?

I thought they somewhere said 60Fps (I personally can also SEE it..) and graphically Resistance alreadly looks good but could easily look awesome with 6 months of extra dev time. Second..graphically GoW also looks impressive, but the animation is lacking, the gamplay looks choppy, and the AI reminds me of doom. (that game is EVERYTHING for the graphics) Also saw UT2007 and it looked good too..need to find better quality vids though.

When is Gears of War due for release? Some time in Q4 of 2006, I believe, so this could be 6 months away also. Plenty of time to work through any performance issues/tweak animations etc I would have thought.

Time will tell of course...

Nemo80 said:
Resistance. Running @ 60fps in 1080p addresses me much more than a game hardly reaching 30fps with lots of framedrops like GoW.

game looks really good IMO and yes evidently they are shooting for 1080p but are not there yet

(no mention anywhere of 60fps)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/707/707248p1.html

For more number-hungry fiends, we have been able to confirm that two PS3 games are indeed running at 1080p -- Gran Turismo HD from SCE and WarDevil from indie developer Digi-Guys. Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream may be in 1080p or 1080i, but this is entirely unconfirmed (its presence in the SCE booth leads heavily to this, as we have heard that heavy hurdles were put up who could get their game on the floor.) Resistance: Fall of Man is also targetting higher resolutions (1080p or 1080i), but it does not yet hit those heights. The vast majority of PS3 games seen have been running at 720p.

also found this

Resistance: Fall of Man -- 720p, aiming for 1080 in either form (an Insomniac designer says that the game can run at 1080 in the current build, but the team is weighing the trade-off in system power consumption at that res ... basically, they can do it, and now it's all up to what's best for the game.)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/707/707540p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob- Have you guys ever considered the possibility of maybe allowing console players to play against PC players in UT2007? Or is it too difficult to balance the different players?

Sweeney- The question of PC players playing against console players, or even console players on PS3 playing against Xbox360 is really more of a game play question than a technical one, because right now we do support running a PC server having PC clients join and play alongside PS3 and XB360 clients in our games networking framework.

Taken from here : NVNews Sweeney Interview Sounds like UT2007 is already running on the 360. I agree with Acert, that Epic is allowing Sony some room to hype this title on the PS3. But there are far too many hints to ignore, I bet the 360 will get this too.

^^^think that was a general answer to whether he'd allow cross platform players to play together. Otherwise, he let slip something and contradicts himself in saying there is no X360 version at this time although EPIC would consider it in the future.

scificube said:
Otherwise, he let slip something and contradicts himself in saying there is no X360 version at this time although EPIC would consider it in the future.

It's pretty ludicrous to suggest that Epic hasn't already 'considered' whether they are doing a 360 version or not, those comments are obviously 100% PR. That decision has already been made I'm sure.

scooby_dooby said:
It's pretty ludicrous to suggest that Epic hasn't already 'considered' whether they are doing a 360 version or not, those comments are obviously 100% PR. That decision has already been made I'm sure.

Indeed. Yet nothing is set in stone I would presume. At this point I would still get that initially PS3 gets UT2007 and the X360 gets Gears of War. Later on Unreal Championship may find a home on the X360 and then perhaps Unreal 3 on the PS3...sort of reversal of single player and multi-player offerings.

The reason I still think this is that it is likely to me that it is better for Epic to work these machines individually for what they are worth, discover what they are and are not good at first and then move on to cross platform titles with this knowledge is hand. For instance, working out the X360's predicated tiling and then the dual mem pools of the PS3 not to mention the differences in taking advantage of the various levels and types of parallelism each CPU has...HDD usage, OS involvement...or not , and all the little "gotcha's" each part in the system has alone and as they work together. It would certainly simplify things and allow them to further focus on making the engine better for both the PS3 and the X360.

As I see it there plenty good reason to work the PS3 and X360 separately right now and at the same time it's not anyone could make the argument Epic is leaving either platform in the cold as they are delivering what AAA highly anticipated titles to both respectively.

Of course...this is just how I see how things could be playing out...the reality of the situation could be something else entirely.

scificube said:
As I see it there plenty good reason to work the PS3 and X360 separately right now and at the same time it's not anyone could make the argument Epic is leaving either platform in the cold as they are delivering what AAA highly anticipated titles to both respectively.

Do we have any examples of developers actually porting games from one console to another? Or are all the developers actually using seperate teams to work on the PS3 and the 360?

Alstrong said:
Epic has more than one team.

CliffyB made some comments about this the other day, Epic has 3 teams, consisting of around 75 team members in total that are fairly evenly split among the 3 projects: Gears of War, UT2K7 and UE3.0 engine development.

Rockster said:
Taken from here : NVNews Sweeney Interview Sounds like UT2007 is already running on the 360. I agree with Acert, that Epic is allowing Sony some room to hype this title on the PS3. But there are far too many hints to ignore, I bet the 360 will get this too.
As this interview Bad_Boy quoted earlier suggests
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705574p1.html
it's not about technical feasibility, it's about the networking policies of those platforms and businesswise decisions. For PS3, they expect they can use their PC servers to host PC and PS3 users in the same game, while Xbox Live is different according to Rein.

Epic doesn't seem to be up to date with the Live platform, since cross platform gameplay has already been demonstrated (Shadowrun). To me it would seem that PC gamers could play against 360 users via Live, or PC gamers could play against PS3 users via Gamespy?, but they just can't all play against each other. Maybe I am missing something.

I would be totally shocked if the 360 got a UT game.

I would totally expect the 360 to get a slightly altered port carrying the name Unreal Championship.

Back