Unreal Engine 5, [UE5 Developer Availability 2022-04-05]

I don't think anyone share the Dune Awakening trailer from Gamescom. Looks pretty good for Funcom's type of survival MMO thingbob.

and 24 minute demo with lots of footage

Last edited:
Hellblade 2 is even better, even if it it's not 60 fps, so it's not a fair comparison (it's also very, very linear compared to demon's).

Wukong is a bit blurry, the shadows in some spots are not great and it has big framerate dips.

Avatar is a mystery to me, subjectively it doesn't look that great 😅. But objectively, 720p to 1440p with fsr 2 in the 60 fps mode is blurry on a 55" tv.

Lastly, Alan wake 2 is very aliased, even in the 30 fps mode. I finished the game and some spots were dropping the framerate HARD (the beach set piece near the end). I know that demon's souls barely has any facial animations, as that's not the focus in that game, but in Alan, sometimes, they are frustratingly bad.

Demon's is just a very polished visual experience. The graphics are so complete that you don't think much about them. The resolution is high enough that it looks sharp and the framerate is rock solid.

Hence my "resolution and frame rate aside" comment which I thought you were also putting aside in your original comment about DS2, because you separated those aspects out from your initial comment on it having the best graphics 😉

Hence my "resolution and frame rate aside" comment which I thought you were also putting aside in your original comment about DS2, because you separated those aspects out from your initial comment on it having the best graphics 😉
Lol, how did I miss that 😅
But ignoring those aspects, I still really think demon's is still above all of them aside from hellblade.

-Texture quality is high all over
-lightining is baked with really great coverage
-poly density is up there with the best
-effects are top tier, even if they don't reach the heights of wukong smoke

I have looked at those games on my tv and there were a lot of times where I could see the tech not being good enough for the artistic intent.

Demon's was almost strange in how consistently polished it was.

Back