Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love those expansive environments, also seems like multiple routes to take. This game is gonna be a Photomode heaven I can foretell.

the-art-of-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-limited-edition-book-01.png

Hmmm, Drake is on the side of the tower. :) I hope we will get to do that in the game, before that sequence when Drake&Sully exit into the Madagascar market and run down through the city to save Sam.

Yeah, I buy both these days - usually sell off the disk and keep the 'special edition' bits and bobs...I wish they would sell a version with just a code.
That's a dumb idea. The internet told Microsoft this in 2013 and the internet is never wrong! :nope:

In which universe is digital convenient and/or cheap on consoles right now? If you're lucky you'll be paying the same as everyone else, but thanks to hyper competitive retailers such as Amazon, going digital is usually the more expensive route. You'll also never get your games early, you have to download an enormous amount of data (and hope you'll never run out of space and have to get rid of it or you'll have to dl it all over again), and you get none of the little physical gimmicks. All for the luxury of not having to get off your ass and change a disc once every 20 hours or so.

@Sigfried1977

Digital PS4 games published by sony is always 10 dollar cheaper than MSRP. While the disc version will be up and down depending to the exchange rate. Usually around 10-20 dollar more

actually its kind of hard to say how cheaper the digital is. because basically:

Physical = use live exchange rate thats keeps diving to the abyss (now around 1USD = 14000 IDR)
Digital from Sony WW, Ubisoft, EA = stuck at using 1 USD = 9000 IDR since PS4 launch :D

but digital from Bandai Namco use MORE expensive exchange rate. Usually around 2000 IDR premium for each dollars. While their Physical is cheaper using exchange rate around 10000 IDR.

digital from Activision is as xpensive as bandai namco. But their physical also as expensive as digital.

EDIT:

but despite my country's cheap launch price, theres almost never any big discount.

thats why i have US PSN for their juicy discounts. its still super cheap even with my country currency in the toilet

In which universe is digital convenient and/or cheap on consoles right now? If you're lucky you'll be paying the same as everyone else, but thanks to hyper competitive retailers such as Amazon, going digital is usually the more expensive route. You'll also never get your games early, you have to download an enormous amount of data (and hope you'll never run out of space and have to get rid of it or you'll have to dl it all over again), and you get none of the little physical gimmicks. All for the luxury of not having to get off your ass and change a disc once every 20 hours or so.
Don't underestimate the power of laziness.

It's not cheaper (as such) but I generally get deals on PSN that make the difference very small and if I have no plans to sell a game on then I go digital.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/texturing-uncharted-4-matter-substance
We are proud to reveal the close (and kind of secret) relationship we've had with Naughty Dog for the past 3 years :)

Indeed they are nearing the release of the biggest Substance game project ever made: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. To celebrate, 4 artists from the team will be joining us at our GDC booth to talk about their work and show some exclusive material!

Allegorithmic is also sponsoring a conference session entitled "Texturing Uncharted 4: a matter of Substance". In this session, Naughty Dog artists Bradford Smith and Rogelio Olguin will give a brief overview of the Substance toolset, and talk about the goals and evolution of the studio's Substance pipeline. The talk will focus on Naughty Dog's take on procedural workflows and how Substance streamlined material and asset creation. From the adoption of PBR, to content management, Substance was able to complement Naughty Dog's unique workflow while ensuring AAA quality for the most ambitious Uncharted game to date. Sebastien Deguy, CEO and Founder of Allegorithmic, will also shed a light on the future of Substance and the new frontier of material creation.

Last edited:
Hmm uncharted collection is actually 20 dollars cheaper in digital than physical.

But this is the last Nathan drake. Want the physical special edition...

Given the heritage of Uncharted's formula, I'm guessing this jumping in and out of jeep to explore large levels and cover great distances is something more akin to halo than Far Cry...
Yup, that's what I think it will be too. But having a vehicle to move around will sure change up the whole pacing of an Uncharted level.

Yup, that's what I think it will be too. But having a vehicle to move around will sure change up the whole pacing of an Uncharted level.

It will change the pacing of the limited sections in the half-dozen levels the vehicle is avaliable. We've also rode jet-skis and horses in UCs before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back