• Far Cry 3 (2012 Release) [PC, PS3, X360]
  • Ghost Recon Future Soldier [PS3, X360]
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands [PC]
  • Rayman Legends [PS3, X360, WiiU]
  • Silent Hunter 5 [PC]
  • Space Junkies [PC: HTC VIVE, Oculus]
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist [PC, PS3, X360]
  • ZombiU [WiiU]

I assume one can still play these games offline (without resorting to mods etc)?
Except for the MP aspects. It's spelled out in the Ubisoft link. It's mostly statements like the following:

You will be unable to play multiplayer, link Ubisoft accounts in-game or use online features.

PC has additional disclaimer of:

Additionally, the installation and access to downloadable content (DLC) will be unavailable.

Guess this is why John (DF) doesnt really like ’online/services/stores’.
Exeption seems Valve, even games from almost 25 years ago are still there and being updated, with MP and everything.

PC has additional disclaimer of:

DLC will be unavailable? Seriously? And some friends of mine wondered why I tried to never buy games on publisher storefronts. At least on Steam I know that as long as Steam remains in business I'll have access to all content I've purchased with the only exception being any multiplayer that relies on publisher/developer hosted servers and that also don't use Steam's P2P matchmaking services.

I'll bet that people that purchased those UBIsoft games (including DLC) on Steam will still have access to all the DLC that they purchased since Steam owns the rights to redistribute that content to anybody that bought it through Steam. Unfortunately if you used the UBIsoft launcher to buy DLC rather than doing it through Steam, you may be SOL.

Although I suppose if UBIsoft structured it in such a way that the DLC is downloaded through their launcher rather than allowing Steam to update a customer's game, that might pose a problem. Don't know if they do that or not since I haven't played a UBIsoft game in a long long time. If they did do it that way for whatever god forsaken reason ... more reason to hate additional publisher launchers. :p

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
DLC will be unavailable? Seriously? And some friends of mine wondered why I tried to never buy games on publisher storefronts.
I think the DLC mentioned is cosmetics inside of the games UPlay Section or UPlay Store? It was usually available from the games main menu. You used to get UPlay credits for playing games which could be redeemed for outfits. At least I'd hope it's not genuine Gameplay DLC.

I'm guessing its different on consoles because those items are still provided from Sony and Microsoft stores, so that why it's still available there.

Exeption seems Valve, even games from almost 25 years ago are still there and being updated, with MP and everything.

As mentioned, the DLC items are still available on consoles.

There can’t be a lot of folks playing MP still in these games. I played the SP in a few recently though - Blacklist and AC3.

There can’t be a lot of folks playing MP still in these games. I played the SP in a few recently though - Blacklist and AC3.
If I understand the changes correctly, then it's not just about multiplayer, it's about accessing DLC that you've paid for in single player games as well.

If you cannot access the severs, it cannot authenticate purchases when you re-install a game. Both Ubisoft and EA have servers that need to authenticate DLC even when they have been purchases on the Microsoft and Sony consoles stores.

If I understand the changes correctly, then it's not just about multiplayer, it's about accessing DLC that you've paid for in single player games as well.

If you cannot access the severs, it cannot authenticate purchases when you re-install a game. Both Ubisoft and EA have servers that need to authenticate DLC even when they have been purchases on the Microsoft and Sony consoles stores.

Access to DLC still functions on Consoles even after the closures according to the Ubisoft page linked earlier.

Back