Twisted Metal PS3

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/18/twisted-metal-multiplayer-hands-on-jaffes-last-laugh/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twisted_051811

mwz5sk.jpg

I am so so getting this game :D :D :D !

With too many games in 2011, I am going only for games that feel unique in what they do ! I'll be getting Infamous 2 and Twisted Metal and maybe Shadow of The Damned.

All the other regular stuff can wait till next year !

I am intrigued ! Will probably buy to see why people loved Twisted Metal. :love: the transformer. David Gaffe should make a Macross or Gundam Game ! I bet the fighting mechanics will be very refreshing.

Cool trailer, the game looks like it's going to be crazy. So many fond memories of TM1 and TM2 on the PSone, so I hope to relive that fun in this game.

GAMES(TM) says a psn version of the psone Twisted Metal has been released. Isit true ? My engine programmer is die hard TM fan and recalls how they spent countless hours in TM during childhood. I would sure like to see whats it about !

"[About Online Pass] I'd actually prefer that we don't do it, even though it's probably good business, only because we have such a mountain to climb in terms of gaining people's good faith, especially in Europe, and really letting people know that this is a title that's worth getting excited about."

Considering the game's focus on multiplayer, Jaffe argued that ensuring there are as few hurdles as possible to gamers getting online and enjoying the game is crucial for the long term health of the franchise.

"I'm okay with the fact that we might lose sales on this first game if, because of it, we generate a lot of fans that otherwise wouldn't have played the game. The online is so much the bread and butter of this game, so I'm okay with it because it means we're setting ourselves up for a possible return to the franchise one day."

You know... perhaps Playstation Home team should engage David Jaffe as their product strategy guy. :p

David Jaffe Wants YOU: Twisted Metal Tournament in San Francisco on 2/2
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...sted-metal-tournament-in-san-francisco-on-22/

Who: You! This event is open to the PlayStation community, but you must be 21+ to attend. Bring ID!
What: Twisted Metal Multiplayer Tournament and Community Meetup
When: Thursday, February 2nd from 6:00pm to 9:00pm (Protip: Come early!)
Where: Mezzanine, located at 444 Jessie St. in San Francisco)
Why: Multiplayer competition and gameplay, plus sweet rare prizes
How: Participants can RSVP here or sign-up at on-site check-in.

Twisted Metal Multiplayer Demo Coming to PSN Today
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/31/twisted-metal-multiplayer-demo-coming-to-psn-today/

Once the demo hits the Store, you’ll get a taste of Twisted Metal’s online play with:

* Eight vehicles to choose from, each with their own unique special weapons
* Two multiplayer modes: Classic free-for-all Death Match, and team-based Nuke mode—a Twisted take on * Capture the Flag that’s brand new to the series
* Challenge mode, where you can practice with each vehicle to hone your destructive skills

Anyone tried it yet ? How does it compare to Starhawk ?

The demo is awesome but it has some network issues at the moment.
Can't really compare it to Starhawk cuz they are 2 totally different games.
I'm really enjoying both.

Scanned through the GAF thread quickly. People seem happy with the beta except for the tech issues. Will check back after they have patched the game.

The demo ends Feb 8th. So if your still on the fence with this game better hurry up and try it out.

Being a big fan of the series since my childhood days this one doesn't disappoint.

If your new to the series, it's going to take time to get use to the controls because every button is used for a purpose. That includes the d-pad.

TM is nothing like Starhawk. It's more like UT3 on wheels. Nuke mode is a refreashing take on CTF and a lot of fun.

Back