Trying for a father's day upgrade...

Does the 370Z have that same stupid bar across the back where the backseat should be like our '04 350Z did? I bloody hated that bar.

I don't drive recklessly in residential areas or anywhere where people are around, can't take the chance.

Does the 370Z have that same stupid bar across the back where the backseat should be like our '04 350Z did? I bloody hated that bar.

I don't drive recklessly in residential areas or anywhere where people are around, can't take the chance.

I had a 370Z Roadster (aka convertible) = no back seat at all. That was kinda the point as it was the car for doing things kid free :)
I've always been cautious about pedestrians and cyclists (being one helps), but I'm all the more paranoid after my injury and then a couple other cyclists killed around Cincinnati by stupid drivers since my injury. In those cases they were rear-ended at 60+ mph when opioid-high drivers wandered onto the shoulder.

The 350Z hard top didn't have a backseat either, but it had a support strut for structural bracing across where the backseat would be. Had to put stuff under or over it, was a pain.

That's why my wife fell in love with her G37s convertible. Basically a hard top 350 with a better interior and a backseat. :)

It wasn't as fun to drive though, there was something raw and honest about the 350. It was just a muscle car, pure and simple. The G37 tried too hard to be a luxury sports car, and lost a lot of the fun in the process.

I'm loving the little VW convertible we got. Great for cruising around slow in, and the most comfortable backseats of any convertible we've owned. Fantastic kids first car and I got it for $20us and have put about $450 total in it so far. :)

I am glad to hear it wasn't the jeep digi. I still have an old wrx, but the rust is slowly killing it. Makes me sad. I personally only want hatches/wagons because they are more rational IMO than sedans. CUVs make me happy since they are just "manly" station wagons and wagons are awesome.

Mize are hand controls hooked to steering column so they rotate with the wheel or are they fixed?

Subaru broke my heart when they killed the hatch version.

My hand controls are basically a system of rods and unions that are attached to the steering column and pedals to provide a handle to the left of the steering wheel for gas (pull back) or brake (push). That handle does not rotate with the wheel and this design couldn't since pedals, etc.

I.e. no "hands at 10 & 2" since it's single handed steering now with a spinner knob.

It should be possible to tap into any car with fly-by-wire steering and throttle and make accessible car controllers, but I seriously doubt the auto manufacturers would ever take that risk for such a small demographic.

It will probably come along with autonomous driving. Too bad paddle shifters can't just be remapped to accelerate and brake. Comma.ai maybe would allow that though.

It will probably come along with autonomous driving. Too bad paddle shifters can't just be remapped to accelerate and brake. Comma.ai maybe would allow that though.

Paddles might not be great for acceleration modulation. I was thinking some sort of thumb control for accel and something more like a bike brake on the left. Trouble is the unpredictable hand placement during evasive or parking style maneuvers.

BUBBLES UPDATE!

Absolutely nothing has changed. There was some great talk of sampling at the Capsaicin event, but it looks like there ain't enough to go around so Digian gets none.

If it's any consolation I've pretty much given up hope of ever gaming again. I had 5 minutes on a dream rig, a Ry7 with a Vega, and there is no f-ing way I can even try gaming on a bloody rebadged 1GB 8800!

Back