Change in upgrade plans for my son's PC for xmas, help please!

Oh, and the PC boots in just seconds now, I've never seen anything like it. Also, he's went from crabby to shit-eating-grin which I like. He found out he can run GTA V at ultra settings and still stream it at 60fps, and he was impressed. :)

Plus he likes being back on some air cooling, he missed the fan noises. And surprise surprise, he's much less grumpy about the keyboard now that he has my magically cheap kick-ass one.

I'm really glad he's happy, it's a good. Oh, and as an added bonus he got the new Doom with the purchase of the motherboard and Deus Ex Mankind Divided for the CPU as a bonus and he hasn't played either so sort of double bonus as they're both at least fun games that should really let his new upgrades shine. :)

These go out to BRiT, with love. The moment of success as photographed by my daughter trying to not shake too much from laughing while taking them. :)

3ltUUH0.jpg

dNORryG.jpg

No amount of eye-bleach will get rid of that one! :p

wtf is this even.

I was going to offer a radeon 6950 if you need it. Dunno if its better than what u currently got.

I am now going to pour bleach into my eyes.

Sorry, again it was for my daughter and it had her rolling on the floor laughing. Dignity is a very small price to pay for such a great reward. (And my son freaking out embarrassed for me didn't hurt either. :p )

Thanks for the card offer, I'm pretty good on GPUs right now. I'm just sorely lacking in CPU power, waiting patiently (NOT!!!) on Zen. :)

My son's rig is running an R9 295x2, so he's doing alright on the graphics front.

Oh, and I currently have a Fiji Gemini believe it or not....running on a phenom II 465! :oops:

It wont be the lack of speed that obsoletes your cpu it will lack of sse 4.1 support
I'm in the same boat with a core 2 quad
hint* Dont buy mafia 3 it wont run on your pc

I can't get rid of the cards, too much sentimental value! The gemini is an engineering sample that even came with an extra Fiji chip just for show! :D

Yeah, I'm still waiting on playing Mafia III....damn it.

Oh, and actually managed to surprise my son last night with a small extra gift...a new pair of headphones.

I know they're pretty hysterical looking, but they sound excellent and the surround is unbelievable on 'em! Very comfortable too, and I guess the mic is nice and clear. He's extremely pleased. His current pair of Sennheiser 201 has the right ear piece held on with tape. The 201s are fantastic headphones, but he wanted something with a mic and I wanted something with 7.1 just to mess with his head.

He is pleased. :)

Back