Trusted Computing Platform Alliance...thoughts?

i was checking Linspire live yesterday and it works just fine.....got Xandros and Suse also, will check them as soon as i get some time....

maybe few other distros...just for fun ;)

Hmm I dont quite understand the relationship between the topic of this thread and the topic of talkign about Linux distros but I will join...I am curious to check out Gentoo, I hear it is potentially the fastest distro out there because you have to choice to compile the kernel from scratch. I am rather interested in checking that out. Also I found an article at osnews that talks about using parallel starting of services to speed up the boot process drastically. This guys machine was booting @ 41 sec and now it takes like 20 secs...kinda like an XP box boot time...and while i am on this topic, ANova can you explain to me what is the big deal with Ubuntu being so damn popular?

suryad said:
and while i am on this topic, ANova can you explain to me what is the big deal with Ubuntu being so damn popular?

No actually, I can't. It's almost exactly like Fedora Core but not as many options or customizability. From what I've tried FC and SuSe seem to be the best all around.

Back