Trine (download title)

Nice ! I haven't been looking at PSN games due to the recent flood of full games, but this looks really good.

Frozenbyte press release
The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character’s different abilities helps the player battle an army of un-dead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Warrior unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.

Looks fabulous, way detailed for a side scroller, though I hope the framerate is smoother. The puzzles look complex too. One to watch. Surprising it's on PSN and not Live! when it's coming for PC too.

Oh wow, thats pretty stunning.

I've never quite grasped the economics of PSN/XBLA/WiiWare games, but I'm very grateful for the services.

Trine/Frozenbyte interview in finnish but you can see new screenshots. Here are few bulletings.
- version: PC, PS3 PSN
- release: summer 2009
- its not even an official demo yet, but testers had a good feeling after a playtest
- three characters, if one dies can continue remaining until all three are lost. Game is reloaded from the previous savepoint.
- side-scrolling, platform game, physics simulation, team-playing are the attributes come to mind first
- it feels could work very well team playing with people having varying gaming experience. (That is to say a nerd and his imaginary girlfriend can play together and both enjoy an experience :)...this was my line)
- story in short: a king is dead, knights and wizards fight for the kingdom power. But then The Undead rise from the below and take all control. Random things happen, Knight, Wizard and Thief are met to join a team.
- characters have different abilities and combining strengths is a key to complete levels
- Wizard can elevate objects where other characters are standing on, Knight has muscles, Thief can slingshot himself across the falls and up to higher platforms, etc...
- each object, platform element and character have a good physics simulation.
- demo had a very beautiful phantasy rocky environment, final game should have more visual variations.
- 15 beautiful levels
- article does not say which one of the versions were tested

my favourite shot

Last edited by a moderator:
New video , can`t watch it at work but here`s the link :

http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php?page=videos

There`s also a recent interview in the making of section...

trine_screenshot_2009_03_wizard_levitate.jpg

trine_screenshot_2009_03_wizard_gap.jpg

Trine coming to XBLA

Just seen over on Joystiq the following -

The XBLA version of Trine should be out "later this year," according to Atlus, at some unspecified time that happens to fall after the "later this year" release for the PSN and PC versions.

LINK

Back