Transformers - Trailer

This one has a lot to live up to. Transformers: The Movie, imo, remains one of the best anime classics of all time.

I just picked up the 20th anniversary DVD yesterday. So wicked. The picture quality is fantastic, and the special features are not lacking either. :)

As a huge Transformer fan I cant wait to see this :D

It seems though that it doesnt start like the TV series. Their ship fell million years before our age and they were awaken during our time. In the movie from what I understood they fall during our age and they start the war immidiately. This kinds of ruins the connection with Beast Wars.
Strange how they are millions of years old, but they transform into mid-eighties american cars.

Or can they change the way they look?

G1 explains that well actually. The Ark that they were traveling in changed their transformed forms so that they resembled 80s american technology, so that they could blend in. First couple of episodes.

;)

This one has a lot to live up to. Transformers: The Movie, imo, remains one of the best anime classics of all time.

Totally agree. Some of the best soundtracks, and voice acting. Actually TF:TM for me still has the best soundtrack and voiceacting ever unmatched by any other animated movie

I feel the opposite about TF:TM, the 80s rock/metal music track dates it too much. That's why I can listen to the Airwolf intro a bazillion times, or episodes of Trek, because classical or neo-classical music is timeless. But if I hear Quiet Riot-style jams, it just sounds dated.

I guess I'll miss the transform-sounds of the cartoons. :(

I remember going shopping with my parents. For some reason I got really fed up and my parents wanted to buy me a huge transformers toy. Stubbornly I refused and chose a Decepticon which transformed into an F-15. Oh well, it was cool too. :)

I feel the opposite about TF:TM, the 80s rock/metal music track dates it too much. That's why I can listen to the Airwolf intro a bazillion times, or episodes of Trek, because classical or neo-classical music is timeless. But if I hear Quiet Riot-style jams, it just sounds dated.

Are you sure? Because TF:TM had tons of electronic music in it and it was one of the reasons I was mesmerised by the soundtrack ;)

Remember the sountrack during the Autobot-Decepticon war in Autobots city or in the intro when Unicron ate the first planet?

AI-Yankovic was in the motion picture as well :D

And some of the rock soundtracks had a dose of electronic music in too. Vince Di Cola is the man. He still gets lots of credit even today for the soundtrack

I'm a little unused to using such terminology, but I believe this new trailer r0x0rz. This movie is now above Spider-Man 3 in my 2007 must-see list. The teaser of the transforming MH-53 'geeked' me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tres chic '80s OK. The glimpse of the new Camaro zeta platform (or is it epsilon?) looks cool. Nothing by Quiet Riot could ever date... Slick Black Cadillac... Back in the early 90s I downloaded QT versions of old cartoon intros. Incessant SuperChicken, SpeedRacer, & Gigantor... It drove everyone insane. I had to laugh when the denizens of the future in Demolition Man listened to 20th Century jingles.

I'm a little unused to using such terminology, but I believe this new trailer r0x0rz. This movie is now above Spider-Man 3 in my 2007 must-see list. The teaser of the transforming MH-53 'geeked' me out.

God I thought that I was the only one who thought that was f***ing amazing! OH PLEASE GOD MAKE THIS A GREAT MOVIE WITHOUT ANY CHEESE IN IT!!!!

I remember getting a box of Transformers when I was a kid. IT had a Porsche, a VW Beetle, the decepticon F15 and a Tyranosaurus Rex. This was in Italy...so the names were Saetta, Folgore Razor(??) and Tornado I believe....

Glad, the old ones are a bit "simple" to say the least. If they were that straightforward the movie would bomb. Its nice and all to make your hardcore fanbase happy, but you can not just target them and expect to have any sort of success.

BTW: The "director" of that movie has at least good musical taste, Faith No More rocks.

Glad, the old ones are a bit "simple" to say the least. If they were that straightforward the movie would bomb. Its nice and all to make your hardcore fanbase happy, but you can not just target them and expect to have any sort of success.

BTW: The "director" of that movie has at least good musical taste, Faith No More rocks.

I wasnt expecting anything straightforward. I was expecting them to take the old classics and enhance them in such a way they would look great at the big screen movie.

Instead they over did it, into such an extend that they are BARELY reckognisable. I mean....What the f*** happened to Megatron? And you ve got to check his whole body and looks. Its like random pieces of metal stuck together. Megatron was a phenomenal villain. But they totally ruined him. Megatron s*cked since they changed his looks in Beast Wars and Armada. He was no longer the great personality. And at last as a G1 fan I was expecting those morons to give him the appropriate treatment and make him even better than he was. But he got WORSE

Bubblebee? There is no relation except from the colors.

And you ve got to see Rachet. He is a green metal thing, which looks mostly like a green goblin turned into a Robot and he doesnt even transform into the appropriate vehicle.

they also made a decepticon transform into a police car when there was an autobot in the series who transformed like that.

Check out this megatron

G1-G2%20Megatron.jpg

megatron1lg.jpg

Thats pure awesomeness. And they could improve him even more

And check out THIS abomination. There is no relation at all. Transformer G1 fans wont find anything satisfying. We disliked the other generations because they looked bad. And they made them even uglier with this movie. Its ironic how they were claiming that this movie will satisfy the old fans. Whats there? Our memories of the trasnformers are different and better from this
megatron004.jpg

Or check out this Starscream. A beauty
r_starscream001.jpg

And imagine what they are going to do with him.

These definetely arent simple either. They are detailed and beautiful unlike the disgusting models they put in th emovie.

They screwed them literally. They arent improved. They are different and UGLY

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean....What the f*** happened to Megatron? And you ve got to check his whole body and looks. Its like random pieces of metal stuck together.

They put him through a blender really. If you flatten out the metal and all that, he'll actually look closer to the original.

How could megatron be done realistically tho? I mean, come on, a full sized 'bot as big as the others that transforms into a hangun that fits into the palm of their hands?

On a slightly different subject, Wikipedia reports that Megatron is massive - 10.3m versus 8.5m for Optimus Prime when both are transformed. And the rest of the Autobots are half that height. Backout is supposed to be even bigger.

However I must admit that I don't really care about any changes from earlier incarnations. The movie looks like great popcorn fun and the transitions (robot -> vehicle and vice versa) look great, which I think is all that matters.

Back