Transformers - Trailer

You'd be surprised at how easy and affordable it is to top the theater experience.

HD-DVD/BlueRay and a 1080p projecter would be ~$4000.

Even a $1000 "investment" is enough to get a 720p setup that is as good as most theaters.

Plus the only cellphones going off and baby's crying are yours.

LOL, easy I know, but it's not affordable for me. ;) I've got a 32" LCD HDTV and DD 5.1 surround sound system connected to my 360, but I don't have a HD DVD or Bluray player yet. I don't think I'll be buying anymore entertainment devices this year. It looks like I'll have to buy a washer dryer set first. LOL Anyway, when I go to the theater it's because I want to see the movie first before it gets on DVD. There's only a few movies now that can do that for me. In the past that's been Batman, Spider-man, Superman, X-Men, Lord of the Rings, etc. I don't think I've heard of any new ones coming out this year that will get the privilege of seeing me in the theater. They'll all have to wait for the DVD. LOL Now next year is a different story. I'm buying Dark Knight tickets the earliest I can get them and I'm going to drive 2.5 hours to Tulsa to watch it in style. :D

Tommy McClain

AzBat, your setup sound great for me.

There are other reason to see the DVD at home. One is the additional stuff and bonus. For example I just bought the first "Fantastic Four" extended DVD with discount and the movie was extended in 20 minutes. It also come with a free theater´s ticket to the "Rise of the Silver Surfer" movie :smile:

Saw this on Saturday - would have seen it again immediately if there was another screening. Pretty much the perfect, Bay-style film.

It'll melt your face off.

Even my wife liked it. :)
So did mine. She said that she thought she wouldn't like it as, unlike me, she wasn't familiar with the Transformers previously. I think the movie did enough to fill in the back story and also the humorous first half with Sam did enough to catch her into the movie.

In some respects, coming into it without Generation 1 baggage may even be a benfit, as you're not constantly thinking "thats different", "Optimus wouldn't say that", etc.

It's out here in the UK today, finally! Will pick some Pampers up on the way to the cinema :LOL:

So did mine. She said that she thought she wouldn't like it as, unlike me, she wasn't familiar with the Transformers previously. I think the movie did enough to fill in the back story and also the humorous first half with Sam did enough to catch her into the movie.
My wife is the kind human science person (law degree) and a movie about some "japanese robot toys" was not her kind of movie :smile:

We are going out tonight to have some japanese food and maybe see it again ... ;)

Watched it and loved it. Great, funny and some very nice action scenes!

Well worth it! :cool:

Back