Tomonobu -Ninja Master- Itagaki new interview (itagaki 360 exclusive confirmed)

you got to be kidding ...look up Itagaki and tekken in google for starters , the guy has been talking crap about Namco , tekken and Namco's tekken team since 1995.

The only thing I can recall where he's said something about another developer was when Namco used paid radio commercials in Japan to trash DOA. WTF do you expect him to say about Tekken after that?

he's been saying shit about Tekken since the first one and i haven't noticed Namco slamming Itagaki or DAO once , exception for this commercials on the radio which no one has heard anything about .

Last edited by a moderator:
you got to be kidding ...look up Itagaki and tekken in google for starters , the guy has been talking crap about Namco , tekken and Namco's tekken team since 1995.

I said for no apparant reason. And did you miss this?

The only thing I can recall where he's said something about another developer was when Namco used paid radio commercials in Japan to trash DOA. WTF do you expect him to say about Tekken after that?

Nesh stated developers with an 's'. I know of no other developers besides Namco with Tekken. And his reasons are well justified since Namco and Co. trashed Dead Or Alive first. But nobody ever mentions that.

I said for no apparant reason. And did you miss this?

Nesh stated developers with an 's'. I know of no other developers besides Namco with Tekken. And his reasons are well justified since Namco and Co. trashed Dead Or Alive first. But nobody ever mentions that.

Dead or alive came out in 1996 , the guy has been bashing Tekken since 1995 and like i said above i haven't noticed Namco slamming Itagaki or DAO once and somehow i'm supposed to believe him that Namco made commercials for the radio where they bash DOA ? for what purpose ? DOA wasn't a treat then ( not that it is now ) why hasn't anyone ells heard about this commercial ?

Dead or alive came out in 1996 , the guy has been bashing Tekken since 1995 and like i said above i haven't noticed Namco slamming Itagaki or DAO once and somehow i'm supposed to believe him that Namco made commercials for the radio where they bash DOA ? for what purpose ? DOA wasn't a treat then ( not that it is now ) why hasn't anyone ells heard about this commercial ?

Maybe because we don't live in Japan? So you're trying to say he's lying about something like that? I mean come on. And you said that's he's always bashed Tekken aye? But this shows differently:

XBN: Youa've made some harsh comments in the past about Tekken. Do you regret saying these things?

Itagaki: Tekken 1 was good. Tekken 2 was better, and Tekken 3 even better than that. My family are big fans of Tekken 3! But Tekken 4 just did not push the genre at all. Such lazy development, it really annoys me. I do respect what the AM2 team did with Virtua Fighter 4. I am a fan of simplification, and I liked that they tried to increase the mass appeal of the game by cutting out one button. But DOA3 is still a better game.

And as for the radio commercial:

XBN: Still, you've made some harsh comments in public about the games that pretty much founded the genre. Do you consider it normal practice to slag off your competitors?

Itagaki: Let me tell you the real story with that. Back when the original DOA came out, Namco aired a radio commercial -- they insulted my series. As the father of DOA, I will never forget an insult to my family. I will get them back with nuclear missiles more than 100 times for that. I will never forget it.

Like I said I don't blame him for anything he's said about tekken.

Maybe because we don't live in Japan? So you're trying to say he's lying about something like that?

So ? I still expect something like that to leak on the net or some confirmation by mags or something.

I mean come on. And you said that's he's always bashed Tekken aye? But this shows differently

the only thing it shows me is that he likes to contradict his ass .

DOA4 fans: Recently you posted your Top 5 Most Hated Games on another game site. All of them were Tekken, with a screenshot of Paul's Deathfist. Do you really hate that move or something?

Tomonobu Itagaki: No, I don't hate the move. I just hate Tekken.

Like I said I don't blame him for anything he's said about tekken.

In many asian cultures, pride and honor are highly regarded. So, if anyone insulted your pride and honor, it's not uncommon to return a favor (or two...or more) until the end of time.

Please link me to where he's trashed other developers for no apparant reason? You won't because you can't. Why do people insist on making up bull**** claims inorder to trash this man?

I've on the other hand seen him praise developers a number of times. From Kojima, to Miyamoto, to Suzuki and so on.... Hell he just got through praising Chiho Robot or whatever it was and GOW in the interview.

Its true I cant. I based that on someone elses commentthat he also said something about DMC which I stated "if its true then..". I dont know if he indeed said it.

BUT I LL NEVER FOGET HIM FOR SAYING DOA3 IS BETTER THAN VF4 :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

DoA1 insulted ITSELF with its' breast physics, so if they teased him over that he's got no excuse. :p
It was basically the first and last thing the press brought up, after all...

Its true I cant. I based that on someone elses commentthat he also said something about DMC which I stated "if its true then..". I dont know if he indeed said it.

I was under the impression that he's friends with the guy that did DMC3 and has given it nothing but praise. I could be imagining that though, and I cant find sources cuz everything but this site is blocked at work :p

I remeber the original arcade version of DOA. It was hilariously bad!

The only 2 things I still remeber about it besides it being bad was the bouncing boobs and kicking people like 1000ft into the air.

Back then comparing DOA to Tekken was like comparing a donkey with a race horse.

DOA certainly has come a long way since then. Tekken on the otherhand...

I remeber the original arcade version of DOA. It was hilariously bad!

The only 2 things I still remeber about it besides it being bad was the bouncing boobs and kicking people like 1000ft into the air.

Back then comparing DOA to Tekken was like comparing a donkey with a race horse.

DOA certainly has come a long way since then. Tekken on the otherhand...

But then DOA2 hit the arcade scene and it was one of the biggest break throughs we've seen in 3D fighters the past 10 years (interactive, multi-tiered stages). Not to mention the graphics were just unbelievable at the time :smile:

Indeed, while I'm shocked DoA was actually GRANTED a second attempt, they did go a few million steps in the right direction. (Of course one could almost say any direction they went AWAY from DoA1 was "the right direction." ;) )

Meanwhile, I don't even recall DoA2 in a single arcade, so I'm not sure what its' impact there was. It had the poor fortune of being overshadowed in just about every direction by Soul Calibur (the exception being tag-matches, though everyone knows you're supposed to play 8-player random Team matches in SC ;) ), which only fuelled Itagaki's anger at Namco, I suppose. (He could just continue to blame that radio commercial! :p Whatever the heck they said...)

Certainly, "interactive, multi-tiered stages" hasn't made much of an effect in fighter-land, as the other major brands that toyed with such things ended up being ill-received. (Notably VF3 [which preceeded DoA2] and Tekken 4 [which came after].) While lots of breakaways and wall-juggling and environmental hazards fits DoA's looser and more frentic playstyle, it's safe to say that the other franchises had their players rebel when they strayed too far in those kinds of randomness-inducing directions.

Have you read the same thread I have? In fact, the post directly above yours calls him a "super tool". This whole thread is about disparaging someone who criticized the PS2. So please, step down of that high horse.

Obviously, I've been reading here longer...
It seems you've missed my point.
He's not "krazy"
just obnoxious...
If you read the whole thing the poster above me wrote...
he did call him a tool yet he gave the guy credit for his good points...
no one liners...

edit.
and ditto on the horse...

There wasn't anything especially bad aout DOA1, IMO. It was just a VF2 clone, and you could tell.

Obviously, I've been reading here longer...
It seems you've missed my point.
He's not "krazy"
just obnoxious...
If you read the whole thing the poster above me wrote...
he did call him a tool yet he gave the guy credit for his good points...
no one liners...

edit.
and ditto on the horse...
Well, whatever. People call Ken "krazy" because of the alliteration value. But it's just another form of a disparaging remark, of which both sides toss around.

So whatever happened to J Allard? He's been fairly quiet since the 360 launch. :devilish:

I'we been wondering the same thing. I think officially it has been stated that Peter Moore is now the main PR guy making things simpler that only one guy is at the spotlight. However I think what really happened is that Bill gates and the other MS big shots are keeping Allard somewhere locked up in a basement and beating him up atleast 3 times a week and putting the blame on Xbox1 losses to his shoulders.

Back