Tomonobu -Ninja Master- Itagaki new interview (itagaki 360 exclusive confirmed)

I dare you to click these links and witness if your statement is true or not. mind you, these are only photos off the tv with a digicam

What?

Team Ninja next-gen games are not a huge jump from Xbox. That is a opinion shared by many.

Why would he need to discuss anything with a team that made a vastly inferior,both in graphics and gameplay,game???
Ah, so "vastly" and what amounts to 5-6x better? (Remember, "more complex" and "harder" does not equal "better." There are reasons that GoW, DMC, and NG all succeed on their own levels. So we're really only talking about graphics here, unless you're saying that GoW has wonky gameplay, screws up the camera, and technical issues like that.) I'd ponder dropping a rolleyes here, but the thread has enough of them to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrogance, exaggeration (PS2=1/5 the power of the Xbox ? If you don't know how to code...) and risdiculous claims...This guy is a must-listen to dude! :LOL:
He sure loves Microsoft though...

Wow. Playstation fans surely hate him.:)
Am I the only one who looks at DoAX2 and NGS and has the impression that NGS is better looking game?
Anyway, it's good that he confirmed once again that his next game is NG2.:cool:

Both don't impress me but you aren’t the only one mon ami.

Arrogance, exaggeration (PS2=1/5 the power of the Xbox ? If you don't know how to code...) and risdiculous claims...This guy is a must-listen to dude! :LOL:
He sure loves Microsoft though...

Hallo this is the guy who said DOA 2 pushed ps2 to the max for gods and among more ridicules claims.

It's kinda hard to compare NGS and DOAX2 considering they're RATHER divergent as far as style goes. ;)
You're right, but for some reason I'm more impressed graphically by NGS. But I think that majority of Team Ninja is working on NG2 anyway and DoX2 is just a small spin-off.

Haven't you guys learned anything from him? To not take some of his comments seriously. This is the same guy who said Tekken is crap and his fighter is much x3 better but is afraid to go head to head. If I remember correctly, he also down talk the DMC team at one time. I'm a little surprise he hasn't said anything about GoW. I guess he knows Jaffe won't just sit down quiet. Could you imagine the two talking smack to each other? Pure entertainment. I would also really like to see him with an interviewer with gut and ask gutsy questions. That'd be interesting.

I'd be picking up NGS and NG2. And I don't care about DoAX2. Aside from the volleyball game, all the mini game shown so far looks stupid and unsatisfying (IMO).

.Z

Haven't you guys learned anything from him? To not take some of his comments seriously. This is the same guy who said Tekken is crap and his fighter is much x3 better but is afraid to go head to head. If I remember correctly, he also down talk the DMC team at one time. I'm a little surprise he hasn't said anything about GoW. I guess he knows Jaffe won't just sit down quiet. Could you imagine the two talking smack to each other? Pure entertainment. I would also really like to see him with an interviewer with gut and ask gutsy questions. That'd be interesting.

I'd be picking up NGS and NG2. And I don't care about DoAX2. Aside from the volleyball game, all the mini game shown so far looks stupid and unsatisfying (IMO).

.Z

That made me add him in the "stupid envious people" list.

Really the guy seem to hate others for making great games he wished he made.

I dont like developers that behave arrogantly and in a revengful manner towards other developers and companies. Its childish.

I guess he could have avoided getting on that list and simply be written off as eccentric if he were to do something like, say, make a console. ;)

I dont like developers that behave arrogantly and in a revengful manner towards other developers and companies. Its childish.

Or perhaps you didn't like that he says nasty things about games on your favourite console. I'm pretty sure that many people who are upset about Itagaki's words would be throwing happy smilies around telling people not to take everything so serious etc. if the situation was reversed, that's just the way it goes...
Itagaki is not the only who disses competition you know, Jaffe does it all the time for example.

Itagaki... a fanboi? I would have never guessed! ;)

Come on guys, no point argueing over it as he has been, and appears to continue to be, an Xbox-only developer who is trying to leverage his IPs on that platform. i.e. PR up the yin yang. There are a lot of technically oriented devs out there who have weighed in on their opinions based on their goals and experience (Epic, Valce, id, Factor5, Starbreeze, Cryteck, etc) so he is just one voice in the ocean, and in many cases he is more PR/marketing oriented than actual technical or developmental issues (which are always PR related to a degree anyhow). Overall I think we can all agree it is more relevant when a multiplatform developer (Sweeny, Carmack, Newell, etc) weigh in, and even then they have their own aspirations and goals and experiences to keep in view as well. Itagaki's comments are definately more on the "Drive attention toward my software" type and will get a bit of online coverage--exactly what he wants.

Though God of War is great game it doesn't hold a candle technically against Ninja Gaiden.

No it holds the sun against it, it´s a PS2 game that looks like it couldn´t have been done on the PS2, while Ninja Gaiden looks like a XBOX game should (but rarely did).

Overall I think we can all agree it is more relevant when a multiplatform developer (Sweeny, Carmack, Newell, etc) weigh in, and even then they have their own aspirations and goals and experiences to keep in view as well.
agreed!

it would be much more of a megaton if -say- carmack or newell where self-declared 360 exclusive.
but I really think that Itagaki is a developer of that high caliber of the above metnioned devs.
everything he makes is so well rounded and special, no matter if you are a fan of the genre or not.
Itagaki was exclusive last gen, he remains exclusive this gen. a megaton only to those believing that things would change.
positive side is that maybe more of his franchises will be ported in the future to other platforms. just not by him.

Come on guys, no point argueing over it ...
I disagree. It is critically important that we settle the debate about which last-gen game system was the most powerful. Not that it would get me to play games on them on at this point, but what are you going to do?

PS That's a lie. I'm playing the hell out of Okami.

Or perhaps you didn't like that he says nasty things about games on your favourite console. I'm pretty sure that many people who are upset about Itagaki's words would be throwing happy smilies around telling people not to take everything so serious etc. if the situation was reversed, that's just the way it goes...
Itagaki is not the only who disses competition you know, Jaffe does it all the time for example.

1)No not at all. I am a fan of both Tekken and DMC regardless of the console they are on. I didnt give attention to his statements when he said bad things about Tekken. I just laughed and moved on. But taking on the DMC team as well and having in general that attitude towards more devs well that changes. It has nothing to do with my "favourite" console. Its about the games I marvel as a whole creativity. In this case its DMC which is a great example of a stylish action adventure game. Besides I dont understand what these third party developers like Capcom(which is one of my favourite devs) did to him to have such an attitude towards them? The favourite console part is your own wrong assumption

2)This thread refers to Itagaki so I commented on him

3) Who the hell is Jaffe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back