Tomonobu -Ninja Master- Itagaki new interview (itagaki 360 exclusive confirmed)

Sarcasm ?
Not at all. He's a genius who happens to be a raving lunatic...but in a good way. His ramblings are often times very insightful and yet childish in their delight. He's an every man who happens to be totally unique and extremely gifted....

From a 1up interview:

I'm excited to see how... much... you know... fear, that will exist in the eyes of Microsoft when they see the PS3. I mean, I'm eager to see that.

Interviewer: Do you think they're afraid?

Jaffe: I think they're bringing diapers to the show, I think-- they're-- you know.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pslounge&message.id=169716

But hey, he makes Playstation games, not 360 games, so these kinds of comments are excusable I guess.

Wait I'm confuse:LOL:

I renember a little while ago Itagaki said that, the PS3 is a good console and that he's interesting in doing something with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is a super tool.

I'll give him credit for making nice looking games, but everything else he has to say is complete sensationalism, and only feeds the f*anboy mentality that already works to smother true good games like Ico or Okami.

It's because the other faction doesn't like to point fingers... that much...

It's what I've observed over the years of lurking at beyond3d :)
Have you read the same thread I have? In fact, the post directly above yours calls him a "super tool". This whole thread is about disparaging someone who criticized the PS2. So please, step down of that high horse.

Have you read the same thread I have? In fact, the post directly above yours calls him a "super tool". This whole thread is about disparaging someone who criticized the PS2. So please, step down of that high horse.

Not only does he call him a "super tool" but then goes on to blame him for poor sales of PS2 games. Like he's somehow responsible for ICO's commercial failures.

From relative newcomers, of course. I've found that if you're going to comment on "tone," one should mainly just pay attention to those who stick around and comment a LOT, rather than posters who come and go.

Meanwhile, it's more important to ignore it anyway and concentrate on substance, unless there's too much of a din. :p (Though "substance" was certainly lacking in the initial interview linked, so I suppose there's room for a few more snide remarks than normal. Hehe...)

(Though "substance" was certainly lacking in the initial interview linked, so I suppose there's room for a few more snide remarks than normal. Hehe...)

it was substantial enough that Itagaki remains exclusive to 360. AND that he will not be touching the playstation platform for this entire new generation.

now if some people like to call him a tool, thats ok with me. I am all in for democracy and free speech.

No it holds the sun against it, it´s a PS2 game that looks like it couldn´t have been done on the PS2, while Ninja Gaiden looks like a XBOX game should (but rarely did).

Even if that's true it's still besides the point. Ninja Gaiden is technically better clearly helped by more powerful hardware, but still is...

And I don't really agree what you are saying. You make it sound like God of War is head and shoulders above other PS2 games. Even in the early days of PS2 we had some pretty amazing looking titles like MGS2 and GT3. After I saw those, GoW level of technicality is not that much better imo. Also I'm curious to know why you said that Ninja Gaiden should have been just an average looking Xbox game?

I do agree on the point that Xbox games rarely looked that good, but it had lot's of amazing looking games there too, many were left in the shadow somewhat, because even better looking PC-version existed.

I hope you didn't get the impression that I have something agains GoW it's easily in my top 5 across all platforms.

I dont understand this guy.

Itagaki is not a 360 1st party developer. He is a 3rd party developer just like Namco and Capcom and still takes on them.

He accuses other developers and trashes them for no apparent reason

He speaks in a very angry manner about them as if they did something to him

And he sometimes gives the impression that he has something against people in general because he thinks they trash him? :???:

And he sometimes gives the impression that he has something against people in general because he thinks they trash him? :???:

I just watched that interview and it's kind of funny how much people have attacked him in this thread, digging up old stuff he has said ages ago. There is none of that in this interview. Basically the only controversial stuff is that he clearly raises himself over that guy who is responsible for the Sigma, but I quess that 27years old guy really is some sort of student of his, so it's no biggie.

I dont understand this guy.

Itagaki is not a 360 1st party developer. He is a 3rd party developer just like Namco and Capcom and still takes on them.

Please link me to where he's trashed other developers for no apparant reason? You won't because you can't. Why do people insist on making up bull**** claims inorder to trash this man?

The only thing I can recall where he's said something about another developer was when Namco used paid radio commercials in Japan to trash DOA. WTF do you expect him to say about Tekken after that?

I've on the other hand seen him praise developers a number of times. From Kojima, to Miyamoto, to Suzuki and so on.... Hell he just got through praising Chiho Robot or whatever it was and GOW in the interview.

Back